• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R3: Waratahs v Crusaders

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
I don't think the scoreline quite reflects the match, NSW showed far more than Qld did last week. Hope for everyone's sake they go on with it next season.

And he's nailed it - defence in transition, NZ and Canterbury's attacking model

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
2nd 5 Mcleod was pretty bad, how did he even make it to this level.

Mataele was fucken terrible too.

LOL@ tuff guy Perese kicking out on the ground like a little girl who's had her pigtails touched.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Surprised Fainga’anuku can be MOTM when he was outplayed by his opposite, not that he didn’t have a good game.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Perese fights for everything . I recon he could be a Smokey for the wallabies ? Imagine him off the bench

Could be a smokie for 13 even, given the dearth of standout options. Paisami would be favourite but that assumes you’re going a combo of JOC (James O'Connor)/To'omua/Lolesio at 10/12. I reckon Rennie will persist with hunter at 12 which means on form it has to be either Ikitau or Perese at 13

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
2nd 5 Mcleod was pretty bad, how did he even make it to this level.

Mataele was fucken terrible too.

LOL@ tuff guy Perese kicking out on the ground like a little girl who's had her pigtails touched.

Leaguie instinct, happy to look over it in this instance

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think even portly post-retirement Drew Mitchell in the commentary box could've put in a better shift than Newsome.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Could be a smokie for 13 even, given the dearth of standout options. Paisami would be favourite but that assumes you’re going a combo of JOC (James O'Connor)/To'omua/Lolesio at 10/12. I reckon Rennie will persist with hunter at 12 which means on form it has to be either Ikitau or Perese at 13

9. White 10. JO'C 11. Koroibete 12. Paisami 13. Perese 14. Wright 15. Banks
21. Gordon 22. To'omua 23. Petaia/Vunivalu/Maddocks/Daugunu

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Comfortable victory by crusaders - some encouraging play by tahs in attack but more then anything tahs in terms of rugby smarts lacking compared to well drilled crusaders players side who for most stayed in second gear.

I thought Dempsey, perese, forekit had good games. I never thought much of foketi but this season been very good combo with perese.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Comfortable victory by crusaders - some encouraging play by tahs in attack but more then anything tahs in terms of rugby smarts lacking compared to well drilled crusaders players side who for most stayed in second gear.

I thought Dempsey, perese, forekit had good games. I never thought much of foketi but this season been very good combo with perese.
Foketi’s decision making in defence is consistently bad (as is Perese’s to be fair).

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)

HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes) won the tackle count with 17, even though he had the HIA. 2 pilfers too. Swinton got through a lot in defence as well. I actually think the bulk of the players did well but were outclassed. I liked how they kept coming though

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
He does a lot of grunt work, HJH (Harry Johnson-Holmes). Pity he came off injured. Did he fail the HIA or was he replaced? Does going off for an HIA automatically mean he sits out next week? Swinton was impressive, pulled his head in a bit. Maybe he’s realised hardness is running hard and making his tackles, as opposed to sticking his chest out and giving blokes the stink eye. Was surprised that Dempsey at 7 worked as well as it did.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Dempsey best game in a long time. He had two pilfers that didn't count also (as the Crusaders had penalty advantage). Good shift from him however far too infrequent.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dempsey best game in a long time. He had two pilfers that didn't count also (as the Crusaders had penalty advantage). Good shift from him however far too infrequent.

IT would be good to see some more shifts like that from Dempsey I agree.