• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R4 Brumbies vs Hurricanes

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Brumbies at home and hurting. Hurricanes might be second but they've had their share of luck and look the flakiest of the five NZ teams to me. Do I dare pick an Aussie team in the tipping comp? If I am going to pick one this week the Brumbies might be it, as the Blues look to be just too powerful for the Reds!

If Cadeyrn Neville is back this week that will make a huge difference to the forwards and hopefully they can all lift their heads and turn things around.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Reckon it will be close again at half time, but the Hurricanes to put on the hurt in the second stanza. They are just too good at scoring points from broken play, and I'd expect the Brumbies to drop off their intensity and accuracy as they get fatigued which has been a feature of their games this year.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Reckon it will be close again at half time, but the Hurricanes to put on the hurt in the second stanza. They are just too good at scoring points from broken play, and I'd expect the Brumbies to drop off their intensity and accuracy as they get fatigued which has been a feature of their games this year.

BR, are you trying to help us Cane's men to just sleep tonight? I just never quite sure which Cane's team will turn up to play, although they just may of reset for TT!!!

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'canes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell, Ardie Savea (captain), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles, Xavier Numia. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brayden Iose, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Wes Goosen.

Edit: 6/2 bench.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Plus500 Brumbies coach Dan McKellar has made five changes to the starting XV for the side's first home game of the Harvey Norman Super Rugby Trans-Tasman season against the Hurricanes on Saturday night.

The Round Four fixture will celebrate Pasifika Round with the team set to wear a special playing strip inspired by the playing group and designed by Angelique Sloss.

PLUS500 BRUMBIES SUPER RUGBY TRANS-TASMAN ROUND FOUR TEAM
1. Scott Sio

2. Lachlan Lonergan

3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)

4. Darcy Swain

5. Nick Frost

6. Rob Valetini

7. Luke Reimer

8. Henry Stowers

9. Ryan Lonergan

10. Noah Lolesio

11. Mack Hansen

12. Bayley Kuenzle

13. Len Ikitau

14. Solomone Kata

15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS

16. Folau Fainga'a

17. Harry Lloyd

18. Sefo Kautai

19. Tom Hooper

20. Tom Cusack

21. Nic White

22. Irae Simone

23. Tom Wright

Four Wallabies on the bench. I think they are looking for a stronger finish to the game than the bench has offered in recent games.

Some interesting selections. Personally, I agree with a good number of changes for this game, but I'd have gone for Harry Lloyd to start and Sio on the bench, McInerney to start with FF (Folau Fainga'a) on the bench, Isaac Leleiwasa-Fines at 9 with Nic on the bench, Pasitoa to start with Noah on the bench and Irae Simone to start. Let's hope the starting side can match the Hurricanes until the changes are made, as I think the stronger bench will be able to see out the game better than previously.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
'canes: Jordie Barrett, Julian Savea, Billy Proctor, Ngani Laumape, Salesi Rayasi, Ruben Love, Luke Campbell, Ardie Savea (captain), Du’Plessis Kirifi, Devan Flanders, Scott Scrafton, James Blackwell, Tyrel Lomax, Dane Coles, Xavier Numia. Reserves: Ricky Riccitelli, Pouri Rakete-Stones, Alex Fidow, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brayden Iose, Gareth Evans, Cam Roigard, Wes Goosen.

Edit: 6/2 bench.

Pleased to see young Love back, even just because he a player of the future, as Leger hasn't been terrible last couple of weeks.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
wft is this??

It looks like a little boy's novelty pajamas.

195525602_10158206245606430_5876644689823661475_n.jpg

Happy

Dave Cowper (27)
Absolutely freezing out here tonight. Canes started fast but Brumbies have fought their way back into it.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Brumbies hitting hard in defence. Making ground without the ball.

And then undo their great work with a penalty.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Some names choosing a good game to stand up. Best game I’ve seen from Sio & Ala'alatoa. Shame that the man in their middle Longeran has had his worse.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
What the hell ikatau you had know kiwi player near you so you should have placed the ball close to the goalposts for easier conversion kick