• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R4: Chiefs v Rebels

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
No inside knowledge, but in the absence of an news of an injury, could he possibly be doing a mini preseason or something leading into the test season? idk, just thinking outside the box.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
What’s the word on Pone?
He’s done a couple of club related appearances lately and doesn’t appear to be in the wider training squad with the others. I’d strongly suggest injury but no official clarification. All the clubs both sides of the ditch are soon poor with this kinda info. Injuries and staggered line up announcements are crazy to understand.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
1 week of Rob playing really really well at 6, and straight back to lock. I loath it
Don’t know what Cummins has done wrong this year as well. Been solid every time he’s played.

Scrum last week dominated after a number of weeks of going backwards with a lightweight locking pair

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Don’t know what Cummins has done wrong this year as well. Been solid every time he’s played.

Scrum last week dominated after a number of weeks of going backwards with a lightweight locking pair

I think Foote really wants some go forward in attack and Naisarani, Wells & Leota provide that. But last week with that starting backrow we had no breakdown threat, so we're trying to keep the attacking momentum with a bit of starch from Hardwick. Leota doesn't seem phased by playing lock so I assume he'll only get better.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tribe: Kaleb Trask, Shaun Stevenson, Anton Lienert-Brown, Quinn Tupaea, Bailyn Sullivan, Bryn Gatland, Xavier Roe, Luke Jacobson (c), Lachlan Boshier, Pita Gus Sowakula, Tupou Vaa’i, Josh Lord, Angus Ta’avao, Samisoni Taukei’aho, Reuben O’Neill. Reserves: Bradley Slater, Ollie Norris, Sione Mafileo, Mitchell Brown, Zane Kapeli, Brad Weber, Alex Nankivell, Chase Tiatia.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
This obstruction call is correct. Although the Rebels player ends up making an attempt, if the chiefs guy wasn’t in the line he has a considerably better angle to make contact and effect a better tackle.

Rebels again making the mistake of having a lightweight second row at scrum time. The LH side is going backwards especially when Hardwick is the open side behind at times

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
How good is afternoon footy. Would have thought it would lead to more ball in hand but a very drops early and both teams kicking a fair bit.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Oh man, how does Powell continually get a start over Lomani. He's unfathomably bad.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Is it possible to 'not release' after a knock on?

I don't see how, if he's called it and the team regathers possession. That's play stopped.