• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby T-T R5: Brumbies v Highlanders

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan: Josh Ioane, Patelesio Tomkinson, Michael Collins, Scott Gregory, Jona Nareki, Mitch Hunt, Aaron Smith (cc), Kazuki Himeno, Billy Harmon, Hugh Renton, Pari Pari Parkinson, Bryn Evans, Siate Tokolahi, Ash Dixon (cc), Ethan de Groot. Reserves: Liam Coltman, Ayden Johnstone, Josh Hohneck, Josh Dickson, James Lentjes, Kayne Hammington, Sam Gilbert, Teariki Ben-Nicholas.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies
1. Scott Sio
2. Lachlan Lonergan
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Nick Frost
6. Rob Valetini
7. Rory Scott
8. Henry Stowers
9. Nic White
10. Bayley Kuenzle
11. Mack Hansen
12. Irae Simone
13. Len Ikitau
14. Tom Wright
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Billy Pollard*
17. Harry Lloyd
18. Tom Ross
19. Tom Hooper
20. Luke Reimer
21. Ryan Lonergan
22. Reesjan Pasitoa
23. Solomone Kata

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
That's a very young bench for the Brumbies. Will be interesting to note Pollard's pace if he gets on near the end.

Assuming Noah has some niggles? A bit sorry for Reimer - thought he had been very good the last couple of games.

Seems very early in the year to be waving our Brumbies goodbye for the season. Desperately need a new version of NRC to go late in the season.

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
Correct - Minor niggle they say

I do wonder if this niggle has been around for a while, but they've decided to let him rest as there's nothing to play for.

His left leg has been heavily strapped most of the season, and tbh its looked like he's been carrying an injury (less agile, slightly slower than last season)

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I do wonder if this niggle has been around for a while, but they've decided to let him rest as there's nothing to play for.

His left leg has been heavily strapped most of the season, and tbh its looked like he's been carrying an injury (less agile, slightly slower than last season)

He wasnt kicking last week either I think they started with White having the kick. But his had a big season for a young man, so get him some time off before the French is probably a good thing.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
He wasnt kicking last week either I think they started with White having the kick. But his had a big season for a young man, so get him some time off before the French is probably a good thing.

Noah converted Lonergan's try and was taken off just before Ikitau's try.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
Right. The first big match of the weekend. The one everyone has been focusing on for the past week. Now is the hour for both teams to realise their potential, roll up their sleeves up, and get stuck right into the hard work of ending the Evil Empire's hopes right here, right now.

Will take an almighty combined effort from everyone on the field, but a Highlanders BP win with a PD of about 1000 points should do it. Such a result that would be win-win for everyone. The plucky Highlanders get one up on their big city slickers neighbours of Christchurch. The Crusaders lose. The Brumbies get to stick it to their mortal enemy from 200-2005-ish. The Crusaders lose. Happy endings all round.

P

Pokinacha

Good to see Banks has protected his legs from the cold with Vaseline. It’s practically the same as swimming the English Channel.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Try time, once we held the ball we look good... Fuck me though I should of gone kicked that attempt

Marbig

Herbert Moran (7)
Are the jerseys being of similar colour making it difficult to watch for anyone or just me? Teams looking pretty evenly matched so far.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I am kind of glad both teams scored from driving mauls, as I dislike them so much, at least they even!:mad: