• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby-TT: Rd 1 Waratahs v Hurricanes, May 14th, SCG

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
It should actually be an interesting contest, the Canes have been battered with injuries, and the SCG is traditionally a definite home ground advantage.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Fortunately, the game is so far away from the spectators at the SCG, it should dull the pain.

OK, enough of the negativity. Looking forward to seeing the Gordon-Harrison relationship develop, hopefully the Tahs have been running plenty of defensive drills in the past 2 weeks.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Does anyone know which way the field is oriented? Trying to determine value of ticket with potential view.

Assuming it's the same as recent games, the MA Noble and Bradman stands face one in-goal, with a corner flag close to the junction between those stands and the Members. Bill O'Reilly stand faces the sideline, but a long way from the action.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Assuming it's the same as recent games, the MA Noble and Bradman stands face one in-goal, with a corner flag close to the junction between those stands and the Members. Bill O'Reilly stand faces the sideline, but a long way from the action.

Thanks mate

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
yeah we're going - first Tahs game of the season for me. Will dig up the scarf and look to drain a few frothies. Fuck-it regardless of the score it will be a night at the footy!

Man after my own heart Crashy good on ya and have a ball!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Does anyone know which way the field is oriented? Trying to determine value of ticket with potential view.

All of them will be roughly the same order of distance and therefore average.

Wife's birthday on Friday so I have to miss this rather than attend a corporate thing. Dammit.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Hurricanes squad to face the Waratahs is:

1: XAVIER NUMIA
2: DANE COLES ©
3: ALEX FIDOW
4: JAMES BLACKWELL
5: ISAIA WALKER-LEAWERE
6: REED PRINSEP
7: DU’PLESSIS KIRIFI
8: DEVAN FLANDERS
9: LUKE CAMPBELL
10: RUBEN LOVE
11: SALESI RAYASI
12: PETER UMAGA-JENSEN
13: BILLY PROCTOR
14: JULIAN SAVEA
15: JORDIE BARRETT

RESERVES: ASAFO AUMUA, TEVITA MAFILEO, TYREL LOMAX, LIAM MITCHELL, BRAYDEN lOSE, JONATHAN TAUMATEINE, ORBYN LEGER, PEPESANA PATAFILO

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I know less than half that squad. Funny what a few years off regular Super Rugby does to your knowledge of other countries players.
It’s more than enough to do away with the ‘Tahs unfortunately. I’ve been very impressed with young Reuben Love, should be a good match up against Donaldson.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Ruben Love would have to be the coolest name in rugby.

I reckon the tarts will give this a good crack.

Opted to watch on the box will be a better view for sure. The new stadium cannot be finished quick enough. It looks to be coming along nicely though.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I know less than half that squad. Funny what a few years off regular Super Rugby does to your knowledge of other countries players.

To be fair people who watch every week in NZ may struggle to know a few of them! Geez what is Holland thinking?

Lightblue

Arch Winning (36)
Fortunately, the game is so far away from the spectators at the SCG, it should dull the pain.

OK, enough of the negativity. Looking forward to seeing the Gordon-Harrison relationship develop, hopefully the Tahs have been running plenty of defensive drills in the past 2 weeks.
I am actually looking forward to seeing the Gordon/Donaldson relationship continue to develop...