• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SRT-T R1: Crusaders v Brumbies

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Razor's gunna have to make sme judicious calls here what with R2 being Reds away. In saying that same applies to
Brumbies who've got Tribe in H-town next up so I'm expecting both will have five or six changes to the XV but only two or three to the 23.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Razor's gunna have to make sme judicious calls here what with R2 being Reds away. In saying that same applies to
Brumbies who've got Tribe in H-town next up so I'm expecting both will have five or six changes to the XV but only two or three to the 23.

Wondering if Razor looks at giving RMo a break soon, but as you say a few changes would probably be called for. Maybe McLeod at 12, and Ennor to start at 13. Forward Sione Havili could come back at 7 and Douglas start at 6? Still be a reasonable team, and both teams are coming off tough games/final.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ wouldn't hurt to give Fergus Burke some game-time in case he's needed later on. Kid got game, certainly better than the Manawatu-bound Brett Cameron.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
They're at $9 on Bet365 with 'Saders at $1.05.
Hurricanes are $1.02.
Highlanders $1.22.
Blues are $1.10.
Chiefs are $1.10 too.

I don't think I've ever seen that before.

Those are ridiculous odds. No way should our teams be those short odds.

M10

Stan Wickham (3)
Wow, those odds are amazing. I mean, I don't think I'd favour the Brumbies to win this one, but they're more chance than that. One site even had them with 20.5 points start - that is an attractive proposition. It's a bit of an unknown being in a situation where it's team that won final versus team that "lost" (cough) final a week after the finals were played. You'd have to think the team that ... erm ... "lost" ... would be the more motivated

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Not wanting to hijack this thread, but if the Brumbies had any ummm, discipline, and, ahem, understanding of the offside line, and, well, urge to not commit cynical penalties when under extreme pressure, they may have, cough, won.

For this game, go Brumbies. Win me some money please!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I really looking forward to game (when am I not):rolleyes:) , I think will be real interesting to see line ups. I am quite hoping to see Williams get a bit of time at least off the bench, as Brumbies have a decent front row and I real keen to see how this kid goes. It takes a bit of getting your head around the fact he a front rower when he comes on field 6ft 3odd inches is quite tall.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Muirhead and Neville to both miss the NZ tour……….. what’s the injury status of Slipper and Samu?

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Referee: Paul Williams

Tough luck Brumbies, the Cantabs are bringing their own ref.

He's the anti-rugby, anti-life, horses-arse that denied The Ioane Brothers The Try Of The Century and in doing so crushed the teams will to go on.

Why bother when The Prophecy has been realised right before our very eyes yet inexplicably stricken from the public register?

WHY?

ANSWER ME.

The Blues season died right there, right before our appalled and horrified and unbelieving eyes.

giphy.gif

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies
1. Scott Sio
2. Folau Fainga'a
3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c)
4. Darcy Swain
5. Nick Frost
6. Henry Stowers
7. Rory Scott
8. Rob Valetini
9. Ryan Lonergan
10. Noah Lolesio
11. Tom Wright
12. Irae Simone
13. Len Ikitau
14. Solomone Kata
15. Tom Banks

REPLACEMENTS
16. Lachlan Lonergan
17. Harry Lloyd
18. Tom Ross
19. Tom Hooper*
20. Luke Reimer
21. Issak Fines-Leleiwasa
22. Reesjan Pasitoa
23. Mack Hansen

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Not as many changes as I was expecting for CruSadists: George Bridge, Manasa Mataele, Braydon Ennor, David Havili, Leicester Fainga’anuku, Richie Mo’unga, Bryn Hall, Cullen Grace, Tom Sanders, Ethan Blackadder, Samuel Whitelock, Mitchell Dunshea, Michael Ala'alatoa, Codie Taylor (c), George Bower. Reserves: Brodie McAlister, Tamaiti Williams, Oliver Jager, Scott Barrett, Brendon O’Connor, Ere Enari, Fergus Burke, Sevu Reece.

100th cap for Codie Taylor.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Been looking for team WOB, I thought they may of rested a couple more too, but I suppose they had a rest week before final, maybe boys were feeling good and ready to go. I kind of hope Tamaiti Williams get a bit of time. George Bridge at 15 interesting, Razor has obviously decided that Havili has 12 spot tied up. Would of thought Havili at 15 and McLeod at 12 would of been safest option?

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Good Brumbies XV but light on the bench. Is Muirhead injured? Good to see Kata get some time. I assume White is being rested.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
I reckon the forwards are reasonable equal, but that Crusaders backline is potent. Fortunately, most of the Brumbies backline are the usual players so I'm hoping their defensive structures will shut the Crusaders down. Could be a close run game imo.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Neville has been excellent - but I’m pretty keen to see how Frost & Swain go together in the row. Expectations should be realistic - especially on Frost at this stage - but plenty to like about these two.