• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stastics based points system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Ok, this idea came along to me whilst "watching" the stats and tweets on the reds v rebels game. And I'm not really mathematically nor statistics minded to instigate it.

So what if on the side to the games we created a key to creating a "true" points system of a game, that is a system where Sidelined to the actual points, we have a point - point thingo based off of the stats from a game, therefore showing the background to how the game was played or which team actually deserved applause for the game.

Just a passing idea though, and I reckon you could run it through a season and have a stats game winner at the end.

Just thought something like that would give a passing viewer more information on a game and how it was played, thats all.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Maybe points for excitement.. something like

+5 dominant tackle
+5 try
+5 tighthead
+5 barnstorming run
+2 cross field kick (successful)
+2 quick lineout / tap
+1 palm off / step
+1 linebreak

-1 penalty / dropped goal
-2 missed penalty / dropped goal
-2 reset scrum
-2 shit kick

lincoln

Bob Loudon (25)
Maybe points for excitement.. something like

+5 dominant tackle
+5 try
+5 tighthead
+5 barnstorming run
+2 cross field kick (successful)
+2 quick lineout / tap
+1 palm off / step
+1 linebreak

-1 penalty / dropped goal
-2 missed penalty / dropped goal
-2 reset scrum
-2 shit kick
-10 dropped ball over try line ;-)

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
I was more thinking trying to divulge how the game was played through the stats but in a simple score, rather than based on excitement, which is another measure as well.

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
would it be easier to just plug both teams into a fantasy site and look at their scores after the game to get a value?

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
would it be easier to just plug both teams into a fantasy site and look at their scores after the game to get a value?

That's not a bad idea. Maybe we could get a running tally of best statistical team taking stats from the fantasy site?

Status
Not open for further replies.