• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

State of Origin 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasmac

Dave Cowper (27)
Any of you brisbane bloggers going to the origin tonight?
I'm tipping a QLD win but will be going for the blues.
I will be interested in how Soward goes tonight.

M

Maroon Army

I'm tipping Queensland by 6.

I also think there will be a bit of biffo early on.

B

Bradley

I'd love to see the Blues give it to them but I think the Cane Toads will get the money as usual. I will be watching intently with my family while availing ourselves of a Dominoes Pizza deal for the big game!!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I am going. Nothing quite matches the atmosphere of the crowd going nuts with Queenslander chants a couple of minutes before kick-off.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Go the Dragons.

Can''t say I 'm ever interested in the SOO result that much but I'd like NSW to win to even out results in recent years.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
One of sports great rivalries. Even as a rusted on rugby fan I can appreciate how special this game is.

Tonight match should be cracker, I think it will be alot closer than most are expecting.

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
I'm working, so will be relying on twitter for my Origin updates. :(

It's an amazing spectacle - Suncorp Stadium on Origin night is a sight to behold. As is Caxton Street after a Maroon's victory, hah.

Bit worried about our centre pairing. Admittedly I don't know much about Dane Neilson, but still....Hodges and Inglis are two bigs guns that we're gonna miss. Anyway, go Queensland!

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
Dane Nielson is alright, decent stepper and runner but I wouldn't have placed him anywhere near an origin shirt at the start of the season.

TBH though they don't really have anyone else unless they wanted to shift a winger into centre. Tate, Inglis, Hodges, Hunt and Folau all out or in another sport

Could play cronk at centre but he hasn't played there for a while and they dont want to play him out of position.

My man love for Slater and Thurston means that I am backing Qld for a big victory here. Although I will keep a look out for Soward, Pearce, Dugan and Uate.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
I used to like league (heck, I even played it), back in the days when they had real scrums, real play-the-balls ( a genuine contest for possession), and none of this metronomic count the tackles bullshit.

Now I cannot bear to watch it. It just looks like a limited parody of rugby to me. Okay, it is flashy, glitzy, and obviously superficially appealing. But so is instant coffee (to some people, at least).

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Each to their own I guess. I really, really enjoy league personally (though union will always be my preferred game). I like the pace and the collisions.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I enjoy Origin. Based in outback QLD my reception of channel 9 is worse than poor. Does anyone know of any legal ways I can stream this clash in HD online, I'm happy to pay? If I was based outside Australia I could stream the game through NRL.com, but because I am based in a television black spot within Australia I cannot.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Won't be watching. A similar topic to this was brought up in my last tutorial this evening to which my response was (quitely loudly) a great big WHO CARES!!!. Turns out about 50% of the tute did. Go figure.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Does anyone know of any legal ways I can stream this clash in HD online, I'm happy to pay? If I was based outside Australia I could stream the game through NRL.com, but because I am based in a television black spot within Australia I cannot.

Use a proxy from outside Australia to access the website.

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Whilst I'm a Queenslander, I think the Blues will get up tonight.

There seems to be something about the Queenslander that doesn't look right. I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but big Mal portrays himself as one hell of a arrogant bastard being interviewed (granted I've heard he's a great person etc). But surely showing your opposition respect is one of the first steps of good preparation?

drewprint

John Solomon (38)
Whilst I'm a Queenslander, I think the Blues will get up tonight.

There seems to be something about the Queenslander that doesn't look right. I don't know if anyone else has seen it, but big Mal portrays himself as one hell of a arrogant bastard being interviewed (granted I've heard he's a great person etc). But surely showing your opposition respect is one of the first steps of good preparation?

I'm suprised. He's been nothing but incredibly humble whenever I've seen him being interviewed.

Status
Not open for further replies.