• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

State of Rugby - NZ Herald

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Playing the ball, not the man - are NZ players thin skinned? do they actually read their press? I don't know the details of the personal criticisms that have been aired, but I think it is pretty easy to know if a critique is rugby based, vindictive, light hearted, etc

Why we love rugby - some great stuff there, the sort of things we all believe but maybe don't say often enough

RWC - I love it that the Kiwis have a complex about (pretty much the only thing we have over them in rugby terms)

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
By the way, there is **NO POINT** in clicking on any NZ Herald articles written by Wynne Gray these days.

I know I'm not saying anything controversial here, but I continue to be stunned that Chris Rattue has a job. In fact, between him and Veitchy, NZ sports commentary is actually a pretty bleak landscape.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Hell if you think Veitchy or Rattue are sorts commentators, I am seriously concerned about you Antony;)!!! They are rubbish, but neither are sports commentators, but a couple of pretend writers that get paid because they make enough controversial comments etc that get idiots actually reading them. To brand the other writers as bad because of those 2 idiots is unfair in the extreme!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
In what I see as a great bit of news, Wayne Smith has decided not to have a year or so off, or go overseas. He has resigned with All Blacks with a slightly wider role including skills.
Brilliant news as I still consider him one of the very best rugby coaches in the world!!