• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Stormers vs Reds MOM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
3. Robinson
2. Genia
1. Slipper

Robinson was immense in the battle for the breakdown, whatever ball the Stormers got was disrupted in some way due to his efforts to a large part.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
3: Genia
2: Samo
1: Morahan

As others have sited, hard to pick just three but these guys stood out for me.
Hansons only blight was some lineout throwing, however the Bekker factor might have been the large culprit here.

U

Utility Back

3. Hanson, Was just unreal taking the physicality to the stormers.
2. Genia, what a general, ive never been so happy to see us kick away the ball, because he just did it so well and the chasers were terrific!
1. Daley, Awesome game all over the park and showed hes got a scrumming game too.

hard to pick any backs cause it was a truly epic game by the forwards all over, not that the backs dont deserve to be applauded for what did manage to do.

Finsbury Girl

Trevor Allan (34)
Horwill
Genia
A. Fainga'a /Samo (tie third)

Special shout outs: Simmons, Hanson, Morahan

all in all a 22 man effort :yay:thumb

REDinCPT

Sydney Middleton (9)
3. A Fianga - can tackle and how
2. Robinson - oppositions must hate this guy, so annoying
1. Horwill - a captians knock

daley was also great. he may not be the best technically but what he appears to bring to the side in enthusiasm and determination more than outweighs any perceived flaws.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
I'm with Gnostic on this one after watching again:

3. Beau Robinson
2. Will Genia
1. James Slipper

Lot of guys unlucky to miss out, for me the other standouts were A Finger, Daley (in everything and didn't drop his bind once), Davies (some good defence on the wing, and aggressive around the park), Horwill. As others have said, a real team effort and hard to pick the top 3.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
3: Genia
2: Samo
1: Morahan

As others have sited, hard to pick just three but these guys stood out for me.
Hansons only blight was some lineout throwing, however the Bekker factor might have been the large culprit here.

The ball shouldn't have been thrown anywhere near Becker. Who was calling?

T

TheTruth

1. Robinson
2. Slipper
3. Genia

Special mention to Daley - scrummaged well against big pack - was this because of Hanson - why not in previous games
Horwill gave away about 4 penalties so cannot give him points. Morahan looked great and should be picked again at 15 for the Bulls match - same with Samo (but at 6)

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Even though i am a Tah's fan it is hard not to love the Red's. There is no other team that can turn a game with only 1 try into the most exciting contest so far this season.

Add TPN into the hooking spot, Sharpe into lock and Pocock into 7 and you have the Wallabies forward pack right there. If Samo keeps playing with that physicality; Elsom deserves to start the international season from the bench.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
3 Slipper
2 Genia
1 Robinson

And how well did Higginbotham go at 8. Played a very tight game, and played it well.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
All of the Reds played well. I picked these three.

3. Beau Robinson
2. Luke Morahan
1. James Slipper

The forwards made the win possible, Samo, Slipper and Big Kev certainly made their presence felt. Genia and Cooper wouldn't have been out of place in the votes either.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
The ball shouldn't have been thrown anywhere near Becker. Who was calling?

I don't know Groucho, I wasn't there or have inside knowledge. I do know that the lineout has been one of the Reds strengths & Hanson has looked ok throwing until his starting game just gone. With 4 genuine options you'd think the winning percentage would still be on par but they lost 5 or 6 Thats not good enough & they're lucky it didn't hurt them.

T

TOCC

Link said Hanson may have mis-heard some of the calls due to the 40'000 strong crowd yelling, yeah its not good, but for his debut cap it was a pretty good effort, shit ive seen it happen to the Wallabies at Newlands as well

Status
Not open for further replies.