• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Champagne Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Subbies have been very quiet about where Hornsby and Penrith are going to land if at all.

I assume Hornsby drop into div 4 as they fielded 2 grades last year. Travel wise they would love to be in div 3 with possible division 3 clubs including Barker, Knox and Beecroft all within a 5-10 minute drive, but they would need to find an u21 team which would be hard as they are competing with those three clubs for u21 players.

Penrith i have no idea - how many players/teams and what quality of players will show up with zero payments, based on the results i cant imagine their were alot of payments this year.

oldmate11

Allen Oxlade (6)
I assume Hornsby drop into div 4 as they fielded 2 grades last year. Travel wise they would love to be in div 3 with possible division 3 clubs including Barker, Knox and Beecroft all within a 5-10 minute drive, but they would need to find an u21 team which would be hard as they are competing with those three clubs for u21 players.

Penrith i have no idea - how many players/teams and what quality of players will show up with zero payments, based on the results i cant imagine their were alot of payments this year.
Hornsby could always do the easy way out and get a Shute shield club to run a 4ths colts under them.

TheBigArvo

Chris McKivat (8)
There’s a lot of dramas in our game but Thank god we don’t have to play on weather like today. Drove past some poor blokes playing cricket today in 45 degree heat!

The Ghost of Bernie

Bob McCowan (2)
There’s a lot of dramas in our game but Thank god we don’t have to play on weather like today. Drove past some poor blokes playing cricket today in 45 degree heat!
Recall play a trial many moons ago at Oakhill College in mid-30's heat against Oakhill Old Boys. Grass hadn't been cut on the top field where the trial was played which made it absorb the heat. Always remember one the sight of a prop doing an outstanding impression of a beetroot.

Champagne Rugby

Stan Wickham (3)
Subbies website updated

Division Two is a four-team competition with clubs competing for the Barraclough, Stockdale, Robertson (U21 Colts) and Blunt Cups.
Beecroft
Briars
Epping
Hills
Newport
Petersham
St Patrick's
UNSW

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
4th grade hasn't been a requirement for a few years now.

What happened to Hawkesbury Valley, there was speculation they were staying up and Beecroft in Div 3?

My personal view is Beecroft is the right call for Div 2
Will be interesting to see whether a 4th grade gets up without Lindfield there to drive it. 5 of those clubs could field one most weeks based on 2023.