• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Subbies 2023!

Nath

Bill Watson (15)
Div 5 Preview!
Colleagues vs George’s River
The new boys George’s River gave a good account of themselves last week against a strong Sea Lice side whilst Colleagues were run over by Buraneer. If the River Boys travel they should get the win by 10 in this one. Building for the grudge match vs Oatley in a couple of weeks.

River Boys by 10.

Kings vs Canterbury
Canterbury were desperately unlucky to go down after the bell last week but with Kings having the bye I’m expecting them to be fresh and to run the bigger Berries pack around.
Kings in a close one by 3.

Oatley vs Maccabi
Always a tough road trip down to Oatley at the best of time but coming off not fielding a side last week this could be a blow out, fingers crossed the Maccabi boys can get into the season . Oatley to make it 2 from 2 in this one. Oatley by 30

Blacktown vs Balmain
Normally this would be my match if the round but hard to go past the Sea Lice blockbuster. A fresh Blacktown take on last gasp winners in Balmain. Blacktown looked strong in the preseason and with new leadership things are looking up after a tough 2022. After just getting home Last week I’m tipping the Laurie Fisher magic to wear off this week and Blacktown to get up in this one.
Blacktown by 1.

North Cronulla vs Burraneer
Match of the round across all divisions for me. Great to see this game being under lights at Forshaw. Sea Lice looking strong again as always with a win over the River Boys last week. But with out there NRL import I am tipping the Burra boys to get the upset in this one and stamp there tittle claims early on this year. A try in it late.
Burraneer by 5

Bye- Dukes
Colleagues are actually the Convicts.

Typo in draw.

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Manly Savers not even fielding a grade this week is crazy. Surely they get booted from Div 3 like what happened to Raptors at the start of last season. Suppose it’s tricky with Manly colts in the mix.

Let it sing

Stan Wickham (3)
Its deadset all happening, forfeits everywhere....

Next thing for subbies to sort out will be this Womens 7s stuff. My club's about to be bitten in a bum by it 2 weeks in a row, with massive gaps between our games to accommodate these additional games that we aren't a part of. All of us want to make the Womens game successful, but making the length of time between 3s and 2s on game day even longer helps no one.
I don’t know which club you are affiliated to but that way of thinking about an hour in the schedule is fairly backwards.

Have seen a number of these games so far and there is significant interest from all at the ground and the guys love it. It tidies up the sideline crap and the girls buy into the club with a likely result more players at the club, more sponsorship and more players attending functions. Hopefully more clubs enter teams next year and rugby grows

Denistone_Dennis

Chris McKivat (8)
I don’t know which club you are affiliated to but that way of thinking about an hour in the schedule is fairly backwards.

Have seen a number of these games so far and there is significant interest from all at the ground and the guys love it. It tidies up the sideline crap and the girls buy into the club with a likely result more players at the club, more sponsorship and more players attending functions. Hopefully more clubs enter teams next year and rugby grows
Tell us you're a lindfield bloke without telling us you're a lindfield bloke....

I'm all for it, there just has to be a better way than how it's currently being done.

Let it sing

Stan Wickham (3)
From what I understand (limited) the scheduling slot is ideally to align with streaming. The matches can be played after 1st grade or even on a Friday night. I’d be interested to see what your club thinks after seeing two rounds of it over the next fortnight

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Manly Savers have forfeited both first and second grade according to fusesport…

They haven't exactly been overflowing with numbers.

On watching the 2nd XV replay vs Knox I see a few players wearing blue shorts, so maybe some Marlins Colts filled some gaps in the roster to make it happen

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Colleagues are actually the Convicts.

Typo in draw.

It's more about how affiliation works. Convicts are not a separate club affiliated with Suburban Rugby, instead being under the auspices of Woollahra Colleagues.

Note the full stop in the name against the Jeffrey Cup team which is done (I assume) to separate them in the system for certain aspects like player registration.

Screenshot_20230421-175922.png

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
That's interesting... Sure colts is a bit variable, but last year's premiers, where they not?

Screenshot_20230421-180944.png

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Tell us you're a lindfield bloke without telling us you're a lindfield bloke....

I'm all for it, there just has to be a better way than how it's currently being done.

Agree it would be good if we could find a time slot that works for everyone, but requires everyone to stand up a team simultaneously which is difficult. Everyone is moving at different speeds, so growing pains are inevitable.