• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super 15 fantasy competitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Just think we should create a list of all the fantasy comps that are available this year.

I assume the foxsports comp is running again. Any others?

S

spooony

I will start then
http://www.udt.co.za/superrugby/restricted/Dashboard.j

Welcome to the Super Rugby Fantasy League brought to you by Ultimate Dream Teams.

This is the competition all rugby fans have been waiting for. Get started now, set up your team and invite your friends!

The 2012 Super Rugby Fantasy League is FREE to play.

Click the Register button below to enter.

The one you mentioned from Fox
http://www.foxsports.com.au/fantasy

First one takes about 1 minute to register no Captcha surprisingly lol
Created a league. Here's the code for those who want to join

N

nevermachine

From my experience the Fox Sports one is ultimate, the rest are second best by a far shot and really quite boring to say the least!

With that Ultimate Dream Teams one listed above the only way you really score any points is if your players score a try or assists. 1 guy can play the game of his life, man of the match performance and only get 4 points, meanwhile a winger for example comes along, touches the ball twice the whole game, gets a gifted try passed to him and scores 30 points.

Fox Sports AU one analyses just about every aspect of the game to the point where I feel sorry for the guys who have to add up the points! LOVE IT!!!

Anyone know when the Fox Fantasy Super 15 will open up for registration this season?

S

spooony

You can register I did already but the player choices are only between Queensland and the Crusaders at the moment

N

nevermachine

I am registered, I have played the last 2 seasons of Super 15/"Try Notions" and the last RWC, so much fun!

Its just that since we are already in Super Rugby month I was hoping that there would be some sign of the 2012 Super 15 fantasy season starting. Before the start of the season I have to change my fantasy team around at least a MILLION times before I am happy, not to mention switch the gameweek captains armband a couple hundred times.:) Endless doubt :eek:

Sorry if I am being captain obvious, but the player choices are only between Queensland and the Crusaders at the moment because that was last seasons final.

S

spooony

I know lol have to wait till it starts. ESPN got the 6 Nations one going on as well if you want to play that one as well. But you got to hurry as the entries are closing soon

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Foxsports launched their fantasy today, not too many changes it seems:

Fantasy Super Rugby returns for 2012 season with improved gameplay and great prizes
Your favourite Fox Sports Fantasy Super Rugby game is back for another season and with improved gameplay, it promises to be another bumper year.

The Super Rugby season kicks off on February 24 with a double-header Live and Exclusive on Fox Sports! First up, it's the battle between New Zealand heavyweights, the Crusaders and Blues, before the Brumbies battle Western Force in the first Aussie derby of 2012.

That means you'll need to pick your Fantasy squad before 5.30pm (EDT) on the 24th February.

So what's new this season? Well, we've made a few tweaks to the scoring system after identifying that those most-prolific of try-scoring machines, props and hookers, have been grossly undervalued in season's past!

We all know the try-scoring feats of Brumbies star Ben Alexander and it's about time the big guy was rewarded properly. So, if one of your front-rowers crosses the stripe this season, you'll be rewarded with a whopping 15 points.

Elsewhere, you'll be able to share league codes straight to Twitter and Facebook – allowing you instantaneous bragging ability when you discover a successful weekend of scoring.

And of course there's the small matter of the $5000 cash prize for the competition's overall winner. And, if your one of the game's top players, you'll get the chance to play in the Fantasy Cup - where there's another $1000 on offer!

So head to Fantasy Super Rugby to enter your team now!

N

nevermachine

Is it just me, or is the budget REALLY tight this year? o_O Anyone got tips on bargain players? The Beast is out for 3 months, so possibly that makes Dale Chadwick a bargain at 75k? :confused:

S

spooony

Nah I got a good team and some crappy cheap subs. Forgot Quade is missing first couple of games so I got to take him out as a non playing player in fantasy competitions is useless as wet toilet paper

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)
They seem to have broken down scoring more than just props getting extra points for a try. Other forwards also pay more for a try than the backs. There's also extra points for forwards lasting 60+ minutes. Front rowers get paid double for tackles, and 'turnovers forced' is a whole new stat isn't it? (pilfers are separately scored).

Full list is at: http://superrugbyfantasy.foxsports.com.au/rules/ (expand the scoring dropdown).

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
OK so I have had a look at the rules and it appears the changes are as follows:

- Front Rowers get 4 points if they play over 60 minutes, other forwards get 3. Previously every player got only 2 points for over 60 played.

- Front Rowers get 15 points for a try, other forwards get 12. Previously this was only 10.

- Front Rowers get 2 points for a tackle, used to be only 1.

- Front Rowers get 7 points for a tighthead, and lose 3 for conceding one. From memory it used to be 10 points for a tighthead, and a loss of 5 for conceding one.

- And my favourite change is this "A try assist may be awarded to a player assisting in scoring the try, but not every try scored may be awarded a try assist." Previously the points for try assists went to the player who threw the final pass, regardless of their role in setting up the try. This rule change should see more points for 5/8ths and x-factor players who create tries (or score them singlehandedly) but don't necessarily throw the final pass.

That seems to be the only changes. It means that you can no longer save money by throwing in a couple of $75K props and hope they play 80 and make a few tackles, as they would never be that far behind the top props. Now you could have props pulling down consistent scores in the 20s and 30s, so good ones are essential.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
And I will now close this thread, as there is a duplicate on the main board. Please direct all discussion there.

Status
Not open for further replies.