• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Round 2, 2018 - Rebels V Reds @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
early season but already games out of touch with the contest fans want, yellow was ok

Correct that Upthenuts, early season, but the players in this game out of touch. I supporting the Reds in this one but Higgers in his second attempted shoulder charge finally connects so is rightly RCed , that's not the games fault. Thought Tui was also a RC too. How Marto and sidekicks can sau genia is playing brilliantly is beyond me, he playing well and Rebels would be up by more!

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
I reckon the shoulder charge to the head was enough for a red card on its own. But even if you don't there was another yellow card in the same tackle with the kneck roll to bring him to the ground.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't really get how people can be too upset with Higgers getting a red card. It ticked all the necessary boxes.

He may not have hit with supreme power but he certainly lined up to make impact with his shoulder and struck Philip in the head. There was easily enough force to fulfil that criteria of the ruling.

That has been a red card far more often than a yellow since the interpretation changed a year ago.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
If you want to know how the Australian teams will go this year, hope you didn’t watch the Blues v highlanders game before hand
Sadly i did bigsy and the skills were unbelievable and sadly now watching this game is like thinking we are watching a park footy game in comparison. Nz sides gone up another notch and creating an even wider gap on what I have seen so far from watching this game in comparison.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
I actually DO like the Red attitude. Calling a scrum down a man with the new rules and the opposition has a reasonable 8 man shove.

I don't mind balls and manliness.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Defence Brad had in mind.
Shields.gif

Implementation.........
Fail beach.gif

T

TOCC

About time the Reds received a card isn’t it... or is the ref satisfied with the current points differential

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK was that line out throw to Korczyk? How could you more obviously tell the opposition what you are doing?!?

I asked before the game, what is the experience of the caller. Shit house I would say.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
JP Smith is the Reds' best pilferer in the absence of G Smith. Showed it in the Tens, the trials, and now showing it again.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes, but it is bare arse with ATTITUDE!

I'm just getting some shots in before the Tahs shatter my hopes yet again. I know they will. I actually adhere to the old adage that a strong Reds is essential for strong Aus rugby.

Status
Not open for further replies.