• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2017: matches not involving Australian teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Each year in the comp, the Kings will grow. Nothing however stops the hopeless financials behind the team. Would they eventually grow to a competitive SA team with unlimited funding, or at least enough funding? Hell yes.

Is it worth doing? Paarl, tell me again where they came in the Currie Cup? And, on merit, why they weren't they in Div 1? Seems to me a dead end, other than transformation, the Ministry of Sport and frankly, the ANC.

Just my opinion, mind.

Stormers definitely looking good, but the Bulls need to survive the first couple of months before things settle. This said in Round 1 the Stormers looked twice as ready as the Bulls. Let's see if Marais can bring it home. Unlikely but I'm watching. And if not you just dont know how far the Stormers will go. Worth following PB!

Cheetahs in trouble, just like the cut proposal in Aus. Their financials aren't much better than the Kings. Personally I'd like to see the Cheetahs hang in there. But it seems to me for a number of reasons they are on the chopping list.

Sharks unimpressive, but actually building steadily. Keep it going and they will do really well.

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
dru has done a really good blog on this week's "Un-Australian Activity":

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/un...-round-up-of-the-other-super-rugby-matches-2/

Next week we've got Marcelo giving us his take on the Jaguares v Cheetahs, and Wandering Brumby covering off the other matches. Should be a cracker!

At this stage we have writers confirmed up to & including Rd 10 but if there's anyone out there who'd like to contribute, let me know either on here or by PM.
I'm willing to write if needed.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
ROUND 4:

Crusaders v Blues
17:35 Fri 17 Mar*

Bulls v Sunwolves
04:00 Sat 18 Mar

Hurricanes v Highlanders
17:35 Sat 18 Mar

Sharks v Kings
04:30 Sun 19 Mar

Jaguares v Cheetahs
06:40 Sun 19 Mar

*times are AEDT.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
auckblues_zpsy7lzzkaj.jpg

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ being The Moon it'll be well done on the side nearest you & rare (at best) on the other.

Re: post #207 is microfiche still a thing? I can vaguely remember digitising microfiche documents for the late & mostly unlamented Levin Borough Council back the day, that being 1988 IIRC.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Blues named for Crusaders clash.

West benched and Ranger dropped - can't say its not deserved given their performances.

No idea how Collins keeps getting selected though - slow and useless under the high ball. Especially when Nanai was so good at 15 last year.

1 Pauliasi Manu, 2 James Parsons (C), 3 Ofa Tu’ungafasi, 4 Gerard Cowley-Tuioti, 5 Patrick Tuipulotu, 6 Jimmy Tupou, 7 Blake Gibson, 8 Jerome Kaino, 9 Augustine Pulu, 10 Piers Francis, 11 Melani Nanai, 12 George Moala, 13 Rieko Ioane, 14 Matt Duffie, 15 Michael Collins.
Replacements: 16 Matt Moulds, 17 Sam Prattley, 18 Sione Mafileo, 19 Akira Ioane, 20 Murphy Taramai, 21 Billy Guyton, 22 Ihaia West, 23 TJ Faiane.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
No idea how Collins keeps getting selected though - slow and useless under the high ball. Especially when Nanai was so good at 15 last year.

Didn't see 99% of last weeks effort, but Collins does at least bring a decent boot to the back three which is a nice addition. But having West/Collins/Duffie collectively playing as a back three -- as I am led to believe they did last week -- must've sent the Blues Paremoremo jail-break basketball ratio through the floor. Nanai has to be there, at the very least.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Crusaders: 15 David Havili, 14 Manasa Mataele, 13 Jack Goodhue, 12 Ryan Crotty, 11 George Bridge, 10 Mitchell Hunt, 9 Bryn Hall, 8 Whetu Douglas, 7 Jed Brown, 6 Jordan Taufua, 5 Sam Whitelock (c), 4 Scott Barrett, 3 Owen Franks, 2 Codie Taylor, 1 Joe Moody
Replacements: 16 Ben Funnell, 17 Wyatt Crockett, 18 Michael Ala'alatoa, 19 Luke Romano, 20 Pete Samu, 21 Mitchell Drummond, 22 Marty McKenzie, 23 Sean Wainui

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Bulls: 15 Warrick Gelant, 14 Travis Ismaiel, 13 Jan Serfontein, 12 Burger Odendaal, 11 Jamba Ulengo, 10 Handre Pollard (c), 9 Piet van Zyl, 8 Hanro Liebenberg, 7 Renaldo Bothma, 6 Ruan Steenkamp, 5 Lood de Jager, 4 Jason Jenkins, 3 Trevor Nyakane, 2 Edgar Marutlulle, 1 Pierre Schoeman
Replacements: 16 Adriaan Strauss, 17 Lizo Gqoboka, 18 Jacobie Adriaanse, 19 RG Snyman, 20 Jannes Kirsten, 21 Ivan van Zyl, 22 Tian Schoeman, 23 Jesse Kriel

Sunwolves: 15 Shota Emi, 14 Takaaki Nakazuru, 13 Jamie-Jerry Taulagi, 12 Timothy Lafaele, 11 Kenki Fukuoka, 10 Hayden Cripps, 9 Keisuke Uchida, 8 Willie Britz, 7 Shumei Matsuhashi, 6 Ed Quirk (c), 5 Uwe Helu, 4 Sam Wykes, 3 Yasuo Yamaji, 2 Yusuke Niwai, 1 Koki Yamamoto
Replacements: 16 Atsushi Sakate, 17 Masataka Mikami, 18 Heiichiro Ito, 19 Liaki Moli, 20 Yoshitaka Tokunaga, 21 Kaito Shigeno, 22 Jumpei Ogura, 23 Ryohei Yamanaka

Status
Not open for further replies.