• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2022

Super Rugby 2022

• Go Blues

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Go cantabs

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go other NZ team.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Go Force

Votes: 15 16.0%
  • Go Tahs

Votes: 21 22.3%
  • Go Brumbies

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 30 31.9%
  • Go Rebs

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Go new PI teams

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Go any team that plays the cantabs

Votes: 12 12.8%

• Total voters

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Clan will be without Josh Dickson, suspended for three weeks for a high shot on Saturday. I'm expecting ScoBar to get four for his effort on Friday due to having a previous RC for a similar offence.

Sheepie

Sydney Middleton (9)
All times AEST

18:00 Friday: Chiefs v Waratahs. Kiwi teams in for a shock (As a proud Tahs fan, yes, I will keep telling myself that. Right until the kickoff. Then I'll go in to hiding when reality hits in).
20:30 Friday: Moana Pasifika v Western Force. I was quite eager for this but the Force are sliding backwards fast.
14:00 Saturday: Fijiana Drua v Waratahs. SuperW Grand Final. I'm at least hoping the Tahs can make it a closer match. But not expecting them to win this.
17:05 Saturday: Blues v Fijian Drua. Blues oughtta run riot here.
19:45 Saturday: Hurricanes v Reds. This is the match that should really show if Australia has improved or moved backwards from last year.
14:00 Sunday: Highlanders v Brumbies. This is the match that _NEEDS_ to recover some Aussie pride. Brumbies had better ...
16:30 Sunday: Crusaders v Rebels. Can the Rebels disrupt Crusaders the way they have Aussie teams the last 3 weeks? Or will this be a case of "stop, stop, he's already dead"?
19:00 Monday: Storm v Warriors. LULZ! Is there going to be any grass left on the pitch for this NRL match? They're going to be down to the sub-surface. Beach NRL, anyone?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)

Super Rugby Pacific Match Officials Rd.10​

Match : Chiefs v Waratahs
Date :Friday 22 April
Venue : AAMI Park, Melbourne
Kick Off local:18:00
Referee: Nic Berry
Assistant Ref 1: Jordan Way
Assistant Ref 2:Graham Cooper
TMO :Oli Kellett

Match : Moana Pasifika v Western Force
Date :Friday 22 April
Kick Off local:20:30
Referee: Damon Murphy
Assistant Ref 1:James Doleman
Assistant Ref 2:Angus Mabey
TMO :Glenn Newman

Match : Blues v Fijian Drua
Date :Saturday 23 April
Kick Off local:17:05
Referee: Paul Williams
Assistant Ref 1:Nic Berry
Assistant Ref 2:Angus Mabey
TMO :Chris Hart

Match : Hurricanes v Queensland Reds
Date :Saturday 23 April
Kick Off local:19:45
Referee: Angus Gardner
Assistant Ref 2:Graham Cooper
TMO :James Leckie

Match : Highlanders v Brumbies
Date :AAMI Park, Melbourne
Venue : Sunday 24 April
Kick Off local:14:00
Referee: Ben O’Keeffe
Assistant Ref 1:Graham Cooper
Assistant Ref 2:Reuben Keane
TMO :James Leckie

Match : Crusaders v Rebels
Date : Sunday 24 April
Kick Off local:16:30
Referee: Brendon Pickerill
Assistant Ref 2:Jordan Way
TMO :Glenn Newman

From superxv.com

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
The more I think about it, the more I am annoyed about the fact we are playing the first trans tasman games as part of this 'Super Round'.

No matter the results, things will likely be muddied for another week. If the Reds and Brumbies get beaten there will be the whole situation of 'well it was a weird tournament thing, lets see how we play them back at our own home'. If the Aussie teams win, it'll be, okay well can you do that in NZ? I would have preferred to start proceedings with a regular home or away game.

I understand this was all forced due to COVID changes to travel etc. but I still just wanted to voice my frustration.

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
The more I think about it, the more I am annoyed about the fact we are playing the first trans tasman games as part of this 'Super Round'.

No matter the results, things will likely be muddied for another week. If the Reds and Brumbies get beaten there will be the whole situation of 'well it was a weird tournament thing, lets see how we play them back at our own home'. If the Aussie teams win, it'll be, okay well can you do that in NZ? I would have preferred to start proceedings with a regular home or away game.

I understand this was all forced due to COVID changes to travel etc. but I still just wanted to voice my frustration.

I think you can look at it the other way and say it's a really nice gauge as a neutral venue. Roughly the same distance/flight from NZ and Perth, there should be fans from all teams there so no huge home advantage one way or the other for all teams (even the Rebels don't get great home support). The forecast looks fair.

Play ball.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think you can look at it the other way and say it's a really nice gauge as a neutral venue. Roughly the same distance/flight from NZ and Perth, there should be fans from all teams there so no huge home advantage one way or the other for all teams (even the Rebels don't get great home support). The forecast looks fair.

Play ball.
Can almost guarantee there'll be more NZ fans than Aus fans. Best thing for Aus rugby is if the Gov passed a law saying every NZer applying for permanent residency needs to support the local super team. I'm sure that's constitutional.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
yeah confirmed:

Super Round Melbourne match, Moana Pasifika versus Western Force, postponed due to COVID-19.

The Super Rugby Pacific Round 10 match between Moana Pasifika and the Western Force has been postponed due to COVID-19 impacts on the Western Force squad.

The Super Rugby Pacific Medical Advisory Group made the decision to postpone the match, scheduled for this Friday 22 April as part of Super Round Melbourne, due to a large number of the Force squad being unavailable for selection.

The Super Rugby Pacific tournament is very disappointed to have to postpone another game this season and for it to be impossible to play all six contemplated matches as part of this weekend’s Super Round, but the decision was made with the best interests for the health and wellbeing of players and staff in mind.

Every effort was made to try to ensure this game could go ahead as part of Super Round Melbourne, but with a large contingent of the Western Force squad unavailable, it simply wasn’t feasible.

Super Round Melbourne still promises to be an incredible, historic weekend for the competition, with five Super Rugby Pacific matches and the Australian Super W final all taking place at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

SANZAAR will now work with all stakeholders to find a suitable date for the postponed match to take place.

Affected ticket holders for the Friday 22 April event will be contacted by Ticketek regarding their tickets.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Brumbies vs Highlanders game is pretty important for Australian Rugby in my view. If the equal best Australian team can't beat the worst New Zealand team then it could get pretty dire. Particularly now that the Reds chances over the next month have been substantially damaged with JOC (James O'Connor)'s injury.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It would mean a 10:30pm kick off in Fiji for the Super W final. Keeping it on Saturday afternoon is probably best.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the same time in Samoa/Tonga for the would've been Pasifika match..

Sure, but that has already been scheduled well in advance.

When are Fijiana and the Waratahs travelling to Melbourne? Moving the game a day earlier two days out also means the captain's run is a day earlier.

Going to a big effort to reschedule the game at this point doesn't seem to offer much upside.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Don't have to move the Fijiana match to the Friday. You now have an uneven 1, 3, 2 matches on the days. Move a Super Rugby one from Saturday to the Friday slot and move the Fijiana match in that place.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Don't have to move the Fijiana match to the Friday. You now have an uneven 1, 3, 2 matches on the days. Move a Super Rugby one from Saturday to the Friday slot and move the Fijiana match in that place.

Then you've got the issue that people have bought tickets to a specific day that now doesn't include a match you paid for.

Look, I completely get the argument about moving stuff around and I have no doubt that if we were more than two days out things would be rejigged.

I just don't think a big schedule change is realistic two days before the event.

Pushing back the kick-off of the Tahs vs Chiefs seems the most reasonable change at this point.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Then you've got the issue that people have bought tickets to a specific day that now doesn't include a match you paid for.

Look, I completely get the argument about moving stuff around and I have no doubt that if we were more than two days out things would be rejigged.

I just don't think a big schedule change is realistic two days before the event.

Pushing back the kick-off of the Tahs vs Chiefs seems the most reasonable change at this point.
Well, I think the ticket thing is already chaotic. How do you work out the refunds for any of the combination of tickets since none were specifically for 1 match but yes absolutely move the Tahs match back at the very least SURELY.