• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby 2023 Rd 2: Force v Reds, Sun 5th Mar

LeCheese

Ken Catchpole (46)
Don't mind me, just a Reds fan wanting to move past last week as quickly as possible :)

This week could be a good one: Force coming off a great win, the Reds following on from a shocker; Force looking for redemption after the Reds' comprehensive trial victory; Stewart's first in-season game against his old club...

Juicy.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Both sides coming into this with a bit of an injury crisis at lock, hopefully Jones is back available for the Reds though.

It looks like the Force picked up a few injuries before and during last weeks game too - Fainga'a, Kaitu'u, Mataele, Spink and Wells all in doubt.

Running_rugby_1954

Dave Cowper (27)
A big game to see how the reds are really tracking after their tough start last week.

I think the pressure on Thorn would be palpable if the reds were to lose.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
This is possibly an uncomfortable banana peel for the Reds. Force from a win, Reds from a poor start and embarrassing loss. Force at home.

Reds with a hopeless fade and Force came home with wet sails. Reds back to the "tired repeating myself" discipline issues.

Force fans aught be feeling a little pumped.

Mr Pilfer

Bob Loudon (25)
Force definitely a chance here at a neutral ground, if we can win this we then have Moana at home so can really set the season up.
Injuries are a concern and also worried about the impact of McReight and Wilson against us. I like the calm heads of Hegarty and Stewart guided us around but surely Fines starts this week ahead of Prior

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I like the calm heads of Hegarty and Stewart guided us around but surely Fines starts this week ahead of Prior
Hergarty and Stewart have both played lots of footy with this entire Reds team.

I'm sure there will be plenty of friendly fire coming their way so if they can steer the Force to a win, it'll be big on their confidence for the season.

Qldtragic

Ted Fahey (11)
Hergarty and Stewart have both played lots of footy with this entire Reds team.

I'm sure there will be plenty of friendly fire coming their way so if they can steer the Force to a win, it'll be big on their confidence for the season.
I am tipping that Hamish Stewart will play the house down. from all accounts he left with some "shit on the liver" at the Reds.

Fireworks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Wright to 6 and Uru to lock. The other lock position is a concern assuming Smith is not 100% with the injured shoulder. I'd also start Ravai at 3 ahead of Nonggorr.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Force likely to start Fines-Leleiwasa, with Kuenzle in for Spink probably. Thrush back starting which is remarkable with Fainga'a fit again too. Mataele likely to be back on the wing as well.

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
Fark Henry injured again? The bloke can't catch a break.

The Reds injury luck with talented centres over the past long while has been poor.

Equalizer

Phil Hardcastle (33)
FORCE team for Sunday.
FB_IMG_1677719026841.jpg