• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby final Crusaders @ Blues

Who are you supporting?

• the table topping Blues

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • THE 16-1 BLUES

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • anyone but the Crusaders

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • hi I'm Waiopehu Oldboy!

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • the professional rugby union footballing franchise from Auckland

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • can they both lose? (but the Cantabs more so)

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • GO THE BLUES!

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • I hope Ben O'Keef isn't reffing

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
The culmination of the Prophecy, and with it, the world's salvation from the Evil Empire of Cantabistan, is at hand. Praise be unto line of Designated Messiah's and, more recently, to the Hand of God Allah for bringing us to this most auspicious event at Eden Park.

For the world's saviours, hopefully Clarke and Heem are available. Could also just chuck Robinson in at openside and go pure big cnuts human wave assault and see how long making ~400 tackles a match and waiting for a mistake works out for the Evil Empire vs Joe Schmidt.

I will leave Brother Pillock to prepare the obligatory official matchday gifs for this ecumenical event of the millennia.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Praise be unto line of Designated Messiah's
What a long strange trip it's been.

The years and years of constant, perpetual, perennial failure chronicled in genealogical format:
famtree3_zpsnqz1bdub.jpg

This thing really needs updating.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Matera fronting the judiciary for both the RC in SF & picking up 3 x YC in a season.

You'd have to think at least one will stick, probably the 3 x YC.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As I said in another thread, I genuinely don't know who I want to win. Ok Crusaders have won enough titles, but they are genuinely a good team. And Blues have played well all year, always doing enough to win, so will be happy if they do it too!!!
Might be quite fun just watching without having to get upset either way. Just make sure no ABs get injured!!!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
AB squad is being announced this Monday a week BEFORE the final?

Let's Preview:

Company Man Fozzie sticks with his safe white vanilla choices of Cullen Grace, Goodhue, Ennor, Havili and George fahhhhhking Bridge.

a week later in The Final:

- Hoskins Sotutu makes pasty plump git Cullen Grace his personal private plaything on a public stage.
- Rieko and RTS (Roger Tuivasa-Sheck) light up the night sky and run ragged rings around Chubby Goodhue, Donkey Ennor and Nothingman Havili
- Perofuture, Telea and AJ Lam combine to make George Bridge cry in the rain on national television.

Willin1

Allen Oxlade (6)
Strange not to name ABs after the final, and like many others, I have little faith in Foster‘s ability to pick the right team.
I’ve enjoyed watching the Blues resurgence under MacDonald, and their development of new talent coming through, and think it’s their time. Imagine Robertson and MacDonald as AB coaches?!
As a cantab I still would like to see the saders win, but a loss would deliver a fitting slap to the smug faces of the entitled, provincial, old boys network running the show down here.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Nah bitch. You can't go full Real Madrid Galacticos, buy all the best players, pull a 15-1 season and then say 'oh well we used to be shit' when you completely bottle it in the home final.

Anything but a win over the Crusaders is utter, miserable, pathetic failure.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
You can't go full Real Madrid Galacticos, buy all the best players, pull a 15-1 season and then say 'oh well we used to be shit' when you completely bottle it in the home final.

Anything but a win over the Crusaders is utter, miserable, pathetic failure.
giphy.gif

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Strange not to name ABs after the final, and like many others, I have little faith in Foster‘s ability to pick the right team.
I’ve enjoyed watching the Blues resurgence under MacDonald, and their development of new talent coming through, and think it’s their time. Imagine Robertson and MacDonald as AB coaches?!
As a cantab I still would like to see the saders win, but a loss would deliver a fitting slap to the smug faces of the entitled, provincial, old boys network running the show down here.
Do you really think the squad hasn't been picked by now? And that players have to assemble beginning of next week. Rennie has named Wallaby Squad today and Brumbies could of been in final, we only 2 weeks away from first test after final, so surely you need to know who's in or out before then!

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Do you really think the squad hasn't been picked by now?
This arrogant-yet-thick know-it-all approach is what continually gets you offside with so many members around here.

"No need to gauge how players go in the crucible of a final, I know best, squads already been picked!"

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
This arrogant-yet-thick know-it-all approach is what continually gets you offside with so many members around here.

"No need to gauge how players go in the crucible of a final, I know best, squads already been picked!"
Do I really care, but I mean it is obvious to anyone that reads a newspaper that the team is selected already and has to be so they can get team togther next week.
There would I imagine 2-3 players who have cemented their spots or otherwise during finals series.
Genuine question who is going to force his way in on one more game?? And do you think Rennie was wrong to name his team before final, (Brumbies could of been in it) or was picking players on last nights game?

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Hmm. Still working out if I can be bothered watching. Probably.

Probably go for the Blues. Maybe. Probably.

Then death to all things black, just saying. [EDIT: and to all things white. And roses.]

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Hmm. Still working out if I can be bothered watching. Probably.

Probably go for the Blues. Maybe. Probably.

Then death to all things black, just saying. [EDIT: and to all things white. And roses.]
I'm on board with this death to all things attitude.

Reactions: dru

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
I'm on board with this death to all things attitude.
Derpus, we've spoken before about the toxins released into your bloodstream through these negative thoughts.

Let the Auckland Blues assauge your deadly and harmful inner angst and transport you to a place of joyous understanding.

tl/dr Walk Towards The Blue Light For This Light Is Divine.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Derpus, we've spoken before about the toxins released into your bloodstream through these negative thoughts.

Let the Auckland Blues assauge your deadly and harmful inner angst and transport you to a place of joyous understanding.

tl/dr Walk Towards The Blue Light For This Light Is Divine.

Just not this Blue Light, Derps.

Blue meth.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.