• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Pacifica 2023 - Trial Matches

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Thought it might be time to start the discussion around the various trial matches starting over the next couple of weeks. Probably convenient to lump them all together in the one thread so that, if we want to, we can stay across all of the games in the one place.

Brumbies have two matches scheduled :

1 - Waratahs at Griffith in the Riverina on Saturday 4 February, and
2 - Rebels at Wagga Wagga on Saturday 11 February.

Fans of other teams feel free to add details of arranged matches. I know there have been some posts recently but they are spread over different threads and would take some finding.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Looking at a likely Brumbies side for the first trial, I reckon there will be few of the Wallaby tourists included. Side will probably be mostly made up of next level players based around the established Super Rugby players who missed the EOYT. Wallabies like Lachlan Lonergan, Darcy Swain and Noah Lolesio might get a run due to having little game time on tour.

I'm expecting a side much like the following:

Fred Kaihea (LHP), Lachlan Lonergan (Hooker), Sefo Kautai (THP),
Darcy Swain (Lock), Tom Hooper (Lock),
Rory Scott (No6), Jahrome Brown (No7), Ed Kennedy (No8)

Ryan Lonergan (No9), Noah Lolesio (No10)
Andrew Muirhead (No11), Ollie Sapsford (No12), Chris Feauai-Sautia (No13), Corey Toole (No14), Jack Debreczini (No15).

Bench to be made up from Harry Vella (LHP), Billy Pollard (Hooker), Connal McInerney (Hooker), Tom Ross (THP), Lachlan Hooper (Lock), Luke Reimer (No7), Charlie Cale (No8), Klayton Thorn (No9), Nathan Carroll (No10), Ben O'Donnell (No11), Tamati Tua (No12), Hudson Creighton (No13), Jesse Mogg (No14), Declan Meredith No15).

Pete Samu is another Wallaby who could get a run as his workload on tour probably wasn't as heavy as others. But, personally, I wouldn't do that.

Anyone know of any injuries that could impact the side?

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well my Canes have got
1 vs Blues at Waitemata Rugby Club in Auckland 11th Feb
2 vs Crusaders at the Levin Domain (finally at an international stadium ;)) on Friday Feb 17th, might just sneak downfor a bit of a titiro.

By the way good thread BR, will be good to see preseason stuff in just the one.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Also interested to see Waratahs womens are coming to NZ to be involved in a game of three halves with Chiefs Manawa and Blues women.
I get impression that the Tahs are not skimping on preparing any of their teams, which is good I believe.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I’m happy to host it, once its up and running there is nothing else to do. I’ll set up a new league and advise in the main SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) (Super Rugby Pacific) 23 when its going live.
Great thanks - maybe even just start its own thread?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
'Saders got rekt by a teenage hooker, to which there was much rejoicing.

These CruSadists...

Chay Fihaki, Pepesana Patafilo, Jack Goodhue, Dallas McLeod, Macca Springer, Fergus Burke, Willi Heinz, Christian Lio-Willie, Corey Kellow, Dominic Gardiner, Quinten Strange, Jamie Hannah, Tamaiti Williams, Brodie McAlister, Joe Moody.

...were up 26-7 at half time.

These are the guys who got run down in the second 40:

Melani Nanai, Taine Robinson, Jone Rova, Alex Harford, Will Gaulter, Taha Kemara, Loui Chapman, Sione Havili Talitui, Tom Christie, Liam Allen, Zach Gallagher, Mitchell Dunshea, Seb Calder, Ioane Moananu, Finlay Brewis.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Women's Trial of Three Halves:

Blues 12 (Katelynn Vaha’akolo, Melanie Puckett tries; Ruahe Demant con) NSW Waratahs 0.

Chiefs Manawa 12 (Mererangi Paul 2 tries; Hazel Tubic con) Blues 5(Puckett try).

Chiefs Manawa 26 (Tenika Willison, Carla Hohepa, Harono Te Iringa, Azalleyah Maaka tries; Willison con; Tubic 2 cons) Waratahs 0.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
At Levin Domain, Levin: Hurricanes 31 (Du’Plessis Kirifi 40’, Asafo Aumua 56’, Matt Whaanga 63’, Cam Roigard 65’, Brayden Iose 72’ tries, Jordie Barrett, Harry Godfrey 2 con) Crusaders 26 (Cullen Grace 5’, Fergus Burke 7’, 13’, Melani Nanai 53’ tries, Burke 3 con). HT: 7-21.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Chiefs 47 (Peniasi Malimali, Simon Parker, Samisoni Taukei’aho 2, Shaun Stevenson 2, Etene Nanai-Seturo tries; Bryn Gatland con; Josh Ioane con; Damian McKenzie 3 cons),.Blues 33 (Caleb Clarke, Jacob Ratumaitavuki-Kneepkens, Finlay Christie, Soane Vikena, Zarn Sullivan tries; Stephen Perofeta 2 cons; Sullivan 2 cons). 1st: 7-12; 2nd: 35-26.