• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rd 2: Rebels v Hurricanes

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Time to turn our attention to this week - super round!

No callouts on injuries or returning players, from what I've seen, from the Rebels, at least. What would you change n the Rebels side?

Jordie Barrett took a decent knock last week - is he right for Friday? I'm happy if it shakes a little rest.

The Hurricanes are coming off a solid win v the Reds. Great second-half performance, capitalising on a lot of Reds errors. Rebels with a disappointing loss v Force. Plenty to work on if they want to beat the Canes.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Rebels & Hurricanes have sneakily dropped their teams already. Good to see Hosea & Pincus get a start. Tough On Kemeny I thought played well. Would like to see Tuttle over Louwrens but apart from that, good team. Maybe Hodge/Ripley instead of Ili/Hodge.

REBELS (1-15): Matt Gibbon, Alex Mafi, Sam Talakai, Josh Canham, Trevor Hosea, Tuiana Taii Tualima, Brad Wilkin (c), Richard Hardwick, Ryan Louwrens, Carter Gordon, Monty Ioane, Stacey Ili, Reece Hodge, Lachie Anderson, Joe Pincus

RESERVES: Jordan Uelese, Cameron Orr, Pone Fa'amausili, Angelo Smith, Josh Kemeny, James Tuttle, Lukas Ripley, Nick Jooste

HURRICANES: Xavier Numia, Dane Coles, Tyrel Lomax, James Blackwell, Isaia Walker-Leawere, Brayden Iose, Du’Plessis KirifI, Ardie Savea (c), Cameron Roigard, Aidan Morgan, Salesi Rayasi, Jordie Barrett, Billy Proctor, Julian Savea, Josh Moorby

RESERVES: Asafo Aumua, Tevita Mafileo, Owen Franks, Caleb Delany, Peter Lakai, Jamie Booth, Riley Higgins, Harry Godfrey

Last edited:

KiwiM

Trevor Allan (34)
Very happy to see that Jordie wasn't injured in that late collision vs the Reds.

Ioane vs Savea out wide should be fun.

20 year old Riley Higgins had an excellent season in the NPC - hopefully he gets some game time - he's usually a 12.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Stiles just loves Louwrens, I dont get how he can go from playing in the mlr to past an Aus A player & Fijian international in the space of a summer

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Stiles just loves Louwrens, I dont get how he can go from playing in the mlr to past an Aus A player & Fijian international in the space of a summer
Do you reckon it's Stiles doing the selecting? Have you got Foote as a dead man walking?

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Stiles got him to Japan then got him back this yr, to me looks like he is pulling the strings
It's an interesting dynamic down there and feels more and more like Stiles' team every week. It'll be very interesting to see what happens if Foote isn't renewed, I wouldn't be amazed if Stiles stepped back into the head coach role.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Would prefer to see Tuttle rather than Louwrens at 9.

As usual, preparing to be bent over by the various Kiwi teams.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Backing the Rebels in here. The crowd will be 90% kiwi with 3 kiwi sides in action and in the famous words of the great Teddy Whitten the Rebels will go out and ‘stick it right up em’

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
20 ? they put 60 on the reds in hot, humid slippery conditions, tomorrow nights weather is Wellington normal, be lucky to get within 50 i reckon

Scooter

John Solomon (38)
Melbourne Rebels milestones tonight:

Reece Hodge playing his 89th game moving past Luke Jones into 2nd on Rebels game played list.

Richard Hardwick playing his 60th game for Rebels moving to equal 8th on games played list with Matt Philip and Nic Stirzaker.

Matt Gibbon 50th game.

Debuts for Joe Pincus and Angelo Smith.

Rebel man

Peter Johnson (47)
Ed Sheeran with 100k across the train tracks, richmond is going to be slightly pumping tonight
Damm that’s going to make it annoying as to get to. Was going to drive but I may have to get the train and have a few beers as you won’t get a park for love not money

oztimmay

Geoff Shaw (53)
Staff member
Ed Sheeran with 100k across the train tracks, richmond is going to be slightly pumping tonight

The concert starts at 8:15 - expect a 2 hr show. Come 10:30 pm, Richmond station is a write-off. It might be easier to walk back to the CBD and train from there.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
The concert starts at 8:15 - expect a 2 hr show. Come 10:30 pm, Richmond station is a write-off. It might be easier to walk back to the CBD and train from there.
Yeah I'm going to ride my bike to avoid this shitshow. Fortunately I don't think there's much cross over between Rebels & Ed Sheeran fans.