• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super Rugby Rnd 2: Waratahs v Reds AKA The 2022 Festival of Hate.

Tahs vs Reds

• Go Tahs

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • Go Reds

Votes: 22 47.8%
  • I hope it goes badly for both of them

Votes: 8 17.4%
  • Prefer not to say

Votes: 3 6.5%

• Total voters

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Date: Friday 25th February

Venue: Leichardt Oval, Sydney

The Teams:

quade1_zpsn3lzgld2.png

nsfwt_zpsoky6rhdc.png

Last edited:

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
If this was being played at Suncorp, I'd back a comfortable Reds win, but with home ground advantage I think the Tahs could spring an upset here. Can't imagine they'll be much in it either way.

the flyhalf match up intrigues me . will be a lot of pressure on both 10s.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
is it a home ground for the Tahs???
Five home games there this year. Its a crappy suburban ground, but at least it's home. The table-topping Tahs will make it a fortress, I hope.

Just how many people would have predicted after 2021 that The Waratahs would have been the sole competition leader with 14 rounds to go in 2022?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Tahs hot favourites.

Not sure Reds can stand up to Swinton and his Tah-Tough clan.
Swinton is in doubt with a shoulder injury, as is Liam Wright for the Reds despite scan clearance (above). So it may well be the second string 6's starting this week.

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Swinton is in doubt with a shoulder injury, as is Liam Wright for the Reds despite scan clearance (above). So it may well be the second string 6's starting this week.
If Wright is out it's Angus Scott-Young and Fraiser McReight in 6/7, I'm not sure you can quite call that 2nd string, maybe more like 1.5th string. Does Sinclair come in for Swinton if he's injured or do the tahs look at a Tizzano/Gamble pairing?

And has there been any word of Ruan Smith from the tahs camp? I don't remember seeing him listed for any of the trials but he'd be the quickest fix for the trouble the scrum was having in the second half.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I believe Ruan Smith played in the NSW A game, so yes, I would have thought he would come straight onto the bench

PhilClinton

Geoff Shaw (53)
I believe Ruan Smith played in the NSW A game, so yes, I would have thought he would come straight onto the bench

I'll be interested to see how Ruan goes if he ends up making his way back into Super Rugby,

He's played around 75mins total minutes of rugby since May 2020 - Feb 2022.

EDIT: I should say that was prior to his selection for NSW A last weekend, not sure how he went there.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
If Wright is out it's Angus Scott-Young and Fraiser McReight in 6/7, I'm not sure you can quite call that 2nd string, maybe more like 1.5th string. Does Sinclair come in for Swinton if he's injured or do the tahs look at a Tizzano/Gamble pairing?

And has there been any word of Ruan Smith from the tahs camp? I don't remember seeing him listed for any of the trials but he'd be the quickest fix for the trouble the scrum was having in the second half.
I think ASY (Angus Scott-Young) at 6 is better for the Reds than Wright, he's just a monster in the tight stuff. ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Wilson, Wright/McReight is their best selection IMO. My guess would be Sinclair for Swinton but he's a completely different type of player. Tizzano for mine is an exclusive 7.

Even a quarter fit Ruan Smith would be a better option than we put out at 18 last week!