• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Super W 2023

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Have watched replay about ten times and still can’t figure out why the reds got the last penalty to win the game.
If it was for the tackle after the pass, it wasn’t late, it wasn’t a shoulder charge and the spot the ref awarded the penalty was 5 meters closer to the posts. Very strange
Yeah - I think we got a lucky one there. I thought she called if for no arms. I assume it was for the second last one because she did lead a bit with the shoulder but also definitely wrapped with her outside arm - but I feel like that might have been obscured from the view of the ref and the way she hit her it may have looked like a shoulder charge. That’s as good as I can work out.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Reds don't look very good.

Also seem to be massively outsized by the Fijians.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Reds don't look very good.

Also seem to be massively outsized by the Fijians.

Oh pfft. Yes there is a size difference. Reds need to get back to their structure and start dictating their style on the game. Anyone's game at HT.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Oh pfft. Yes there is a size difference. Reds need to get back to their structure and start dictating their style on the game. Anyone's game at HT.
Big girls conditioning might not last the distance.

Saying that, the Reds have been out-muscled in the first half and unable to string together much phase in attack.

Need some discipline and to keep the ball moving forward

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
But I think the Reds are still in trouble.

Getting beaten on both offence and defence.

Reactions: dru

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Not only can the Drua score at will, the conversions are better than most means teams.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
To be better at XV (compared to 7s) they need to be recruiting wider than touch footy players. Get some more basketballers/lifters/rowers

Wilson

David Codey (61)
Fitness has really hurt the drua and their discipline. One in the bin for too many offsides now and it's a thrilling finish.

Edit: maybe two in the bin after a high shot

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Ummm why didn't the Reds drop kick the conversion quickly..

The cross kick pass to the try line - how many advantage plays could it have been used?

Anyway - congrats Drua - been a tough time for those ladies and they held it together for the ultimate prise. Brilliant stuff.