• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

SupeRugby Final 2011: Queensland Reds V Canterbury Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
For those of us who are rugby mad and watching the other semi-final, It is the 56th minute the crusaders ahead 26 - 10 and I can't see them losing from here. So it is time to get the talk started on the final.

the number one question: Can the Reds win?

Will they win?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Getting in early eh!

All depends how the Crusaders pull up I guess. If they didn't have to travel, they'd be strong favourites.

R

Richard D. James

I think we have to take into account how poor the Stormers have been, but this Saders team is scary good.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Is this an attempt to jinx the result?

Definitely happening now.

The Reds will have a lot of work to do next week. I don't think the travel is going to effect the Crusaders much at all.

R

Rev Spooner

After watching both matches tonight - you'd have to say the Crusaders are favourites. Their defence/scrum/lineout was impeccable tonight.
Queensland, on the other hand, were slovenly at the set piece and the breakdown but mercurial in the backline.

It is going to be one hell of match next Saturday - packed stadium - baying crowd - WC significance - QLD desires and dreams - Crusaders earthquake woes - Cooper v Carter - fucking hell - what a stage!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Don't think the travel is going to effect them much and if the Reds start thinking there will be the slightest advantage we are in trouble. Reds can certainly do it though and they will be much better for the hit out last night, coming back from a week off at this end of the season isn't easy. To play as well as they did will certainly have them primed and ready as well as giving them a few things to touch up on at training.

I am very happy it is these 2 sides in the final. Reds for where they've been and Crusaders for what they've been through. It would have been very disappointing way to end the season had the Reds lost last night but I am not so concerned now that they go on. Might be too much to ask that one more hoodoo gets broken this season. They are still a young side who can easily emulate there feats again next year and have the hunger and experience to go one further.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Unfortunately only woke up in time to catch the final whistle and find out that the Reds were going to the final. Congrats. to them.
I caught the other semi and the Crusaders were at their best, as they normally are come finals time.
Stormers were never a chance against a powerful and committed Canterbury side.
Next week will be epic. The Qld. pigs really need to stand up and match the physicality of the Crusaders for them to have a chance.
Can't wait!

Go the mighty Reds!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's going to be great to watch which team is the best at being offside at the ruck...

The Reds have picked up a few tricks from the AB's and 'Saders this year and I'm surprised we haven't seen a repeat of Woodcock's tackle to S Finger's spine... although it's mostly been the other Finger this year...

G

GC

The travel will effect the Crusaders. Changing 3 timezones in less than two weeks is tiring. Its not the same as playing at another ground 50 km away instead of home. I suspect playing against the Stormers is tiring too.

I'd say Crusaders very slight favorites. Reds haven't lost to them since '09, so it should be a cracker of a match between easily the two best teams in the comp.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
As much as I would like to see an Aussie team get up, the Cruseaders look unstoppable at the moment.

Who needs Deans?

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
I'm thrilled with last night's results. The best two teams have made it through to the final. You've got the Reds, who play the most exciting, up-tempo rugby I've seen in a long time, against the perfect XV-man rugby side.

When you take travel into account, I think the Reds can do it. It might all depend on goal kicking.

On the other hand, I reckon the 'Saders will figure out that the way to beat the Reds is to play a structured game. Lots of scrums and lineouts, no mad rushing around like the Blues.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I wouldn't be preparing as if the travel will effect the Crusaders at all. They looked fine. They are well practised at switching time zones.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I don't know why people are saying the saders are favorites. 3 time zones in two weeks and returning from south Africa v the number one side in the comp with a win over them already. QLD are the frontrunners, crusaders have done well to brilliant to be where they are but QLD and aus rugby fans need to embrace that the reds are hot to trott here.

After so many years of being the entertainers, the saders slowing this game done and keeping it tight is what is going to win it for them, cant wait, best result for the final out of this weeks games.

C

chriscullen

The travel will effect the Crusaders. Changing 3 timezones in less than two weeks is tiring. Its not the same as playing at another ground 50 km away instead of home. I suspect playing against the Stormers is tiring too.

I'd say Crusaders very slight favorites. Reds haven't lost to them since '09, so it should be a cracker of a match between easily the two best teams in the comp.

I don't think the travel factor will be as much a factor as ppl are saying.For example Last year I flew to France did some sightseeing, returned to Australia that week and scored a fine try in a non competitive game of touch.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I don't know why people are saying the saders are favorites. 3 time zones in two weeks and returning from south Africa v the number one side in the comp with a win over them already. QLD are the frontrunners, crusaders have done well to brilliant to be where they are but QLD and aus rugby fans need to embrace that the reds are hot to trott here.

After so many years of being the entertainers, the saders slowing this game done and keeping it tight is what is going to win it for them, cant wait, best result for the final out of this weeks games.

If you have seen them play recently you should be concerned. The crusaders look to peaking at the right time.

Whilst I agree the Reds are the top team in the comp, I think the Crusaders are their 'cryptonite'. The best scrum in the comp vs one of the worst will give the saders' a huge advantage.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
But this is the Grand Final. Have the Reds had a win against the Crusaders there.

Although things such as most minor premiers of Super Rugby win the GF are in the Reds favour.

Reido

Sydney Middleton (9)
Didn't the traveling do the Crusaders in last year? SA tour then back to unzid then back to SA for a loss. Similar situation for them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.