• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyLan

Allen Oxlade (6)
two blues .jpg

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I went along to the Southern Districts 2nd colts info day yesterday and a pretty good turn out and a well run info session and they look like running a pretty slick pre season program. Speaking to the person running Colts they have had about 50 new players turn up to the 2 info sessions and are confident of good numbers for the 4 sides next year and is expecting they will be a competitive club through the 4 grades. They have over 30 players going to grade but still have good numbers returning and some of there very good 1st colts players especially in the forwards.

Tah and feathered

Watty Friend (18)
I got told on sunday that there was a meeting last thursday between all clubs and it was nutted out that there will the 3 colts sides plus 18s and this was going to go to the NSWRU this week to be signed off
Thats my understanding
I did ask what happens if a club cannot field either a 3rd colts or 18s and i was told in 2015 there wont be any penalties to the club and a 28 to nil forfeit will be recorded.

Dingasden

Ward Prentice (10)
My understanding is that an u18s comp will go ahead as an optional comp for those clubs that can field a team. Also if any Shute Shield clubs cannot field a team then a local village club team may be invited to represent that club or district. I have heard there are around 9 Shute Shield clubs confident of fielding an U18s team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crashy

Nev Cottrell (35)
This is actually really good news and I applaud them for this thinking. The Shute Shield clubs have the bulk of the infrastructure and coaching so to capture the under 18 group under their umbrella is fantastic idea. The clubs that have done well in recent years have put colts as a priority and this should keep more players in the game.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It also gives kids who do not attend "big rugby schools" a chance to get in front of Colts Selectors and Coaches in their last year of school, instead of filling the gaps after they have picked the eyes out of the pool of graduates of AAGPS, ISA and CAS 1st XVs.

Whale berry

Larry Dwyer (12)
My understanding is that an u18s comp will go ahead as an optional comp for those clubs that can field a team. Also if any Shute Shield clubs cannot field a team then a local village club team may be invited to represent that club or district. I have heard there are around 9 Shute Shield clubs confident of fielding an U18s team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad common sense has prevailed and the U/18's is added to the "colts" roster.
If not all clubs can field a team in day 1, no big deal, work towards it.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
They need to be. They have had a lean run in Colts and their Grade teams haven't been great either. They need some more playing talent, so good on Easts for doing something about it.

Brian Westlake

Arch Winning (36)
They need to be. They have had a lean run in Colts and their Grade teams haven't been great either. They need some more playing talent, so good on Easts for doing something about it.

I keep hearing Easts are very active in recruitment of players for colts.
After yesterdays announcement of Angus Crichton, the whispers of quite a lot of lads wanting to reconsider their options at the Beasts Colts.
I too had heard first hand of the use of Angus' name as the building block for next year. I hope that the lads already commited honour their roles. But, then again, we are talking Gen Y.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
If a players commitment to a club is based on misinformation from that club, then they are surely entitled to reconsider their original decision to play for that club.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If a players commitment to a club is based on misinformation from that club, then they are surely entitled to reconsider their original decision to play for that club.

Whoa there big fella.
No one signs anything to play club rugby until about Feb.
Crichton was heading to Easts but the big swinging dick that is Rusty Crowe was too big a lure - that's Crichton's (mistaken, in my view) call but it does not entail that Easts have made any misrepresentation or published misinformation - it just means that someone who said he would has now said he won't - so he can train with 1st Grade @ the RL premiers and play in the Prius cup.
Coleman will have a big impact down there, IMO: just as he did with the Eagles.
Kids prepared to play there because Crichton was there? Really?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Don't most Scots boys jump on the recently commissioned Wade Kelly Overbridge from Bellevue Hill to Coogee Oval?

Crichton playing with Easts Colts this year was bucking the recent trend for the Scots rockstar. IIRC Crichton the Elder played his club footy with the Beasts, back in the day - Family Connection.

Done that

Ron Walden (29)
Whoa there big fella.
No one signs anything to play club rugby until about Feb.
Crichton was heading to Easts but the big swinging dick that is Rusty Crowe was too big a lure - that's Crichton's (mistaken, in my view) call but it does not entail that Easts have made any misrepresentation or published misinformation - it just means that someone who said he would has now said he won't - so he can train with 1st Grade @ the RL premiers and play in the Prius cup.
Coleman will have a big impact down there, IMO: just as he did with the Eagles.
Kids prepared to play there because Crichton was there? Really?
I.S. ,I usually find your posts logical & well informed,but I don't agree with you on this one.
For whatever reason Crichton eventually decided to go to league,I have no doubt that Easts colts recruiters ,& many others, believed that he was joining the Easts club.
I also believe that this would have been a selling point when talks between Easts & potential colts players occurred.
It doesn't follow that any potential colts who were told that Crichton was going to Easts were lied to,it just means that ultimately they were given the wrong information or,as it turned out, were
misinformed,as were the Easts officials.
As you no doubt are aware,schoolboy footballers choose a club based on a number of different considerations, this includes where their friends are going,where the "super stars"are headed
etc.etc.Some boys would definitely identify with Crichton,& others,when making their decision.They want to play with a winning team obviously.Crichtons absence may well influence them
to reconsider their options.You apparently don't believe this ,but I can assure you this happens.
Do you really believe that "no one signs anything to play club rugby until about Feb."?
In fact most clubs would have about 90% of their first grade squad organised already,(I don't know about Easts at this stage as I understand they are negotiating with the manager of
a number of Penrith players who wants to "sell" them as a job lot).
As far as colts players go,many boys have already decided where they are going,& are already training with their new club,in fact some players already play colts while they are still at school.
The days of waiting until February,even for the better colts players,is a thing of the past.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The days of waiting until February,even for the better colts players,is a thing of the past.
You misunderstood: none of these kids would require a clearance to go elsewhere was my point. They are not registered yet. The is a colts thread so I'm not sure what to make of the fact that 90% of first grade squads are settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.