• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Colts - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
This is a forum; not a courtroom, your Honour.

So J-W is a boarder at Joeys and plays for HH on the weekends with his mates to fill in the time. Does this mean he has to pledge allegiance to HH/Norths forever? Ridiculous.

If my son attends Syd Uni, why shouldn't he play for them if that is where he now studies and lives?

The proposition was that country players have no allegiance to shute shield clubs.
You shot off without paying attention to that issue. J-W did have an allegiance to an SS club.
One good reason he (your son) wouldn't play, live and study in the same place with all the males he grew up with, or their clones, is to broaden his horizons - but perhaps thats genetic.

Rugby Mum 2

Bill Watson (15)
Bit nasty. I just have come back from putting my tiara away and asking the chef to cook me something delicious for dinner - it has been a hard day on the forums and I get a bit of shade from me learned colleague, old mate IS.

Playing a few games for HH doesn't constitute fealty.

And my horizons are quite broad - I can see it from my harbourside mansion.

lightning rod

Chris McKivat (8)
we must be up to level two of the management system that requires transgressors to be informed that if they continue will be threatened with being formally informed that they have pushed the envelope and asked politely to stop or they will be formally informed, given they are only two steps into the twelve step process there is nothing more to be done this year

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
The proposition was that country players have no allegiance to shute shield clubs.
You shot off without paying attention to that issue. J-W did have an allegiance to an SS club.
One good reason he (your son) wouldn't play, live and study in the same place with all the males he grew up with, or their clones, is to broaden his horizons - but perhaps thats genetic.
His "allegiance" was chosen for him. Joeys day boys are released to play for Gordon, boarders to Norths. He's a big boy now and can make his own choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
His "allegiance" was chosen for him. Joeys day boys are released to play for Gordon, boarders to Norths. He's a big boy now and can make his own choices

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And what happened prior to more vested interest moving HH to Norths?
I think if you look deep into the Randwick colts you'll see an SJC old boy who played club football for neither Gordon nor Norths junior clubs.
J-W didn't have to play rugby outside school and he didn't have to go to SJC.
How J-W comes to be a junior of one club is utterly irrelevant and does not cause him to be either unaligned or aligned to Randwick
The bigger issue is the damage that the warehousing of talent in one or 2 places does to our game: and that damage is on show in the contracts give too soon to a favoured few and the super results.
The only constant in oz rugby is the pursuit, whatever the cost, of self interest and nepotism.

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
we must be up to level two of the management system that requires transgressors to be informed that if they continue will be threatened with being formally informed that they have pushed the envelope and asked politely to stop or they will be formally informed, given they are only two steps into the twelve step process there is nothing more to be done this year

And if all else fails ask the transgressor to rewrite the steps.....

redblack

Larry Dwyer (12)
Is there still a Gen Blue 19s trial on this Sunday ? Location, attendees, who are they playing? Anyone have further information?

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
I think I do get it. Why don't you stop complaining on this faceless forum and actually go and do something rather than blaming someone else. I don't hear you complaining when the Uni boys train 4 nights a week, commit to a long pre season.how many nights a week does your club train?

And as with everything in life, the more you put in, the more you get out.
The comment about Uni training 4 nights a week and other clubs should train harder shows the lack of understanding of life in a non educational based club
Most clubs players are apprentice plumbers, carpenters etc or work on building sites or warehouses etc.
They dont get up at 9am go too a couple of lectures do some gym work go to more lectures then go to training
Souths train 3 nights a week and in pre season they also did a saturday morning beach session amd i would say most clubs do something similar
We would love to train 4 nights a week but asking guys sho start work at 7am and have to travel to work on public transport etc and then have to do a physical job is a bit too much to ask off 18 or 19 year old players.
The coaches also have jobs and families, clubs cannot afford fulltime colts coaches unlike Uni who have 5 Fulltime staff most clubs have 1 maybd 2 if they are really lucky.
Our colts players who do attend Uni mostly go to UOW which is about a 45 minutes drive there and back, they dont have the luxury of living on campus so maybe players at other clubs are putting in the effort and trying harder as you suggest they dont. Maybe they didn't take the easy option and join Uni and become arts students.
The hardest part about being involved with a colts club is having to fend of 2 clubs trying to pinch your local players. They are like vultures and other clubs pretty much leave each others juniors alone and once Uni or Randwick get hold of someone elses junior they claim that that players success is because they played at there club. The players success had nothing to do with him being a talent no recognision of his junior club or school involvement its all the the clubs doing.
I was at Forshaw on Saturday and Uni singing the club song was a disgrace and had a lot of people fuming, no other club does that, they do it in there dressing room but in Uni's defence they dont have change rooms at there home ground the away team gets the luxury of the dereclict pidgeon crap filled change rooms.
A million dollar team playing on a $2 oval.

S

sidelineview

Is there still a Gen Blue 19s trial on this Sunday ? Location, attendees, who are they playing? Anyone have further information?

There was a game scheduled against an U18s team? not sure when though.

I wonder how Will Harrison from Randwick is faring with his recovery from injury?

S

sidelineview

Copied and pasted from another thread.

The NSWJRU U18’s will also have a clash against the Gen Blue U19’s squad in mid-July to allow the Gen Blue selectors to see the players in action for next year’s U19 and U20 NSW Gen Blue squads.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Copied and pasted from another thread.

The NSWJRU U18’s will also have a clash against the Gen Blue U19’s squad in mid-July to allow the Gen Blue selectors to see the players in action for next year’s U19 and U20 NSW Gen Blue squads.
Not sure any of the eligible players know anything about this game.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Blazing Saddles

Sydney Middleton (9)
Who do you think will be pushing for a spot from these clubs?

Don't know them all well enough to identify who is under 19, from what i can see Stocks,Veitch,Haskins from Manly , Witt from Eastwood, think most of their forwards are 20 this year. Both clubs are having a great year to date.

RugbyMan101

Frank Row (1)
I'd like to see Samwells, Miller, Harding and Size from Norths, although norths having a tough season these boys perform each week and deserve an opportunity in my opinion .

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Don't know them all well enough to identify who is under 19, from what i can see Stocks,Veitch,Haskins from Manly , Witt from Eastwood, think most of their forwards are 20 this year. Both clubs are having a great year to date.
Can you put position numbers as well.

I thought Haskins was in rehab. Assume he is playing 9, there would be a fair bit of competition for scrum half. There is some at Randwick, Jordan probably the most likely

Mrs Jarse

Frank Row (1)
The comment about Uni training 4 nights a week and other clubs should train harder shows the lack of understanding of life in a non educational based club
Most clubs players are apprentice plumbers, carpenters etc or work on building sites or warehouses etc.
They dont get up at 9am go too a couple of lectures do some gym work go to more lectures then go to training

A million dollar team playing on a $2 oval.

My son plays at Uni and he is an apprentice and he is not the only one. Does that fit into your sad narrative?

I think you overstate the value of the scholarship by about 700% but don't let the facts get in the way.

Shadow

Sydney Middleton (9)
My son plays at Uni and he is an apprentice and he is not the only one. Does that fit into your sad narrative?

I think you overstate the value of the scholarship by about 700% but don't let the facts get in the way.
Maths not your strong point, thats sad
I am sure there are apprentices and guys who work and dont go to Uni
But there will be many more doing Uni than other clubs have doing Uni
Maybe 700% more?

Status
Not open for further replies.