• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Fleet / Central Coast Rays / West Sydney Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
If the Australian Rugby Championship was still running who would you pick on this years form to play for their respective teams?
*Squad of 30
*Players can only play for the team whom their club is affiliated with for e.g If playing for Randwick you can only be picked for Sydney Fleet.

Sydney Fleet - Sydney University, Randwick, Eastern Suburbs, Southern Districts

Central Coast Rays - Manly, Warringah, Gordon, Manly

West Sydney Rams - Eastwood, West Harbour, Parramatta, Penrith

rugbyvet

Chris McKivat (8)
I don't have enough knowledge but great hypothetical....look forward to seeing the squads if people have time

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
just a side note i dont understand why they dont bring this back as our answer to itm cup etc. have a nsw conference (including act) and a qld conference. winners and runners up from nsw and qld go into finals along with perth and melb, nobody gets paid they do it for the exposure travel costs get split between the 4 clubs under the banner eg fleet paid for by= uni, souths, randwick, easts (could also potentially make it the club pays a certain amount per player they get in the team as it ultimatly benefits the ss teams aswell). Not the best but its somthing

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
No I think it should include a colts team, give them something to aspire to.
Plus change the names; Nth Harbour, Sth Harbour, Western Sydney.

they just need to follow the regional championships they have set up at juniors, the structure is already there they dont really need to change much

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
just a side note i dont understand why they dont bring this back as our answer to itm cup etc. have a nsw conference (including act) and a qld conference. winners and runners up from nsw and qld go into finals along with perth and melb, nobody gets paid they do it for the exposure travel costs get split between the 4 clubs under the banner eg fleet paid for by= uni, souths, randwick, easts (could also potentially make it the club pays a certain amount per player they get in the team as it ultimatly benefits the ss teams aswell). Not the best but its somthing
Clubs need to benifit from it, so thought needs to go into implementing, by incorporating it into the SS fixtures - say a game under lights after 4s to 1s have played. This would assist with the funding, and the clubs could benifit with trade.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
anyway i wont do a team but ill list some players from each club:

souths:

Marcus Heather
Jed Holloway
Sam Latinipulu
Matt swann
rohan Saifoloi
Apo Latinipulu
Pakalani
Ben Volavola

Sydney Uni:

Liam Winto
Oliie Atkins
David Hickey
Sam Talakai
Angus Roberts

Randwick:

Nathan Sivert
Clinton Sills

easts:

Pauliasi Taumoepeau
Tom Azar
Anton Lavin

tried to do guys who arnt contracted and only did the players i know so by no means do i think this is the best possible squad of players that could make up the team

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
Clubs need to benifit from it, so thought needs to go into implementing, by incorporating it into the SS fixtures - say a game under lights after 4s to 1s have played. This would assist with the funding, and the clubs could benifit with trade.

but that wouldnt benefit the clubs as theyd lose all their gun players and the teams with shallower depth will struggle. I think it needs to be done after the ss has finished. we could work it out so each ss team had a game at their home ground which could help regain some of their finances and the benefit of having their players exposed to a higher level of competition i think would be enough incentive

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
great hypothetical.................and I will play. Just a question though. Can we include currently contracted Super Rugby players and EPS players.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Heres an example of a Sydney Fleet Team
1. Jeremy Tilse
2. John Ulugia
3. Lotu Taukeiaho
4. Ben McCalman
5. Ollie Atkins
6. Tim Davidson
7. Patrick McCutcheon
8. Lopeti Timani
9. Grayson Hart