• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Half Marathon

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Gents (and ladies)

Apologies for hijacking the forum but it's all in a good cause. I'm running in the Sydney half-marathon on Sunday and, for a 42 year old bloke that is the wrong side of 100kg, I expect it to be quite a challenge. My nominated charity for the event is the Black Dog Institute which, as you may now, is an organisation researching depression and providing support services. I know that recent Wallaby performances have driven a number of us to despair but in all seriousness, depression is an illness affects many males in the rugby community, particularly those in their middle ages (which I guess is probably most of us on this forum).

If you feel so inclined, I would very much welcome any donations to support this worthy cause. A webpage has been setup by the organisers at http://www.gofundraise.com.au/Martyn_1

If I make it round the course OK, I will be rehydrating at the Opera Bar before heading over to Woollahra to watch the Gordon 1st and 2nd Grades progress to next week's Grand Finals - maybe see some of you there.

Thanks for listening.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
From another (just turned) 42 year old - GO YOU GOOD THING! I envy not your knees doing 21 km with over the 100 kegs. That's why I am the cyclopath - easier on the knees.
Good cause though, Riddler. Here's a start on me.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Have some $ from me Riddler. Good cause and good effort. Wish I was capable of doing the same

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Well, the fat bloke did it - and managed to run all the way round. Feeling very sore now, but maybe that's just because Gordon lost :)

Thanks to Cyclopath and Mark for their kind donations to my chosen charity the Black Dog Institute - if anyone else would like to top up the sponsorship, please click the link above.

Status
Not open for further replies.