• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
With AGM Season underway, is there any news on movement for next year?

Can KOBS and BOBS (the Flowerpot Men's grumpier brothers;)) be revived after such disappointing seasons?

Has there been anything to the rumour of an Old Boys Club, GPS or otherwise?

With the fine/bond still in place can Lindfield afford next season financially? And does Tim Richard's turn up to the AGM with a Veto vote on Committee selections as per Subbies' sanctions?

Are any Clubs entering the 100kg section of the Dubbo 7's (11 March 17) and will they actually be props?

These are just some of the important questions leading up to the 2017 Subbies Season.

Please give us thoughts, news and unsolicited opinions:p

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rouse Hill are looking to stay in Division 4 as far as I'm aware.

Expecting Merrylands back after their ban.

Hoping for Fifth Division to happen as well.

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
With AGM Season underway, is there any news on movement for next year?

Can KOBS and BOBS (the Flowerpot Men's grumpier brothers;)) be revived after such disappointing seasons?

Has there been anything to the rumour of an Old Boys Club, GPS or otherwise?

With the fine/bond still in place can Lindfield afford next season financially? And does Tim Richard's turn up to the AGM with a Veto vote on Committee selections as per Subbies' sanctions?

Are any Clubs entering the 100kg section of the Dubbo 7's (11 March 17) and will they actually be props?

These are just some of the important questions leading up to the 2017 Subbies Season.

Please give us thoughts, news and unsolicited opinions:p

Bobs have a new committee in place which is great news. Tough season in 16. Fully expect us to be in Div 3 next season. It will be interesting to see where other clubs end up.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Rouse Hill Rugby Club has had its AGM. I'm now the President.

160928-alec-baldwin-trump-mn-1830_e64feffc90961bb4db98b48330154a17.nbcnews-fp-360-360.jpg

Jokes aside: our tenth year was not the one we wanted, and we've paid our dues for that. We move on and try our best to improve ourselves, and the perception of us in the wider community.

The aim, during my oversight of the club, will be to get the club culture on the right track from right now.

That includes expectations of all members, so that everyone is invested in a club that is invested in them.

Our goal is simple: Have fun, play rugby, help a great cause.

We support the Children's Hospital at Westmead, donating 10% of everything we raise through our raffles and events every year. This year we will hit $150k in donations to CHW and various charities and individuals, and I intend for that number to grow significantly.

We proudly wear the CHW logo on our jerseys, and want ours to be the kind of family club that will support others in need. We want to set this example.

My personal goal for the club is to become a shining example of what rugby IS - camaraderie, good times, and a beer after the game with your opponents.

To get to the point:

At the moment, we're casting the net for coaches, particularly for a First Grade Coach, to come on this journey with us.

Preferably our coach will be a local to the area of Rouse Hill, someone who knows the area. We don't need them to bring tons of players (but if they have them, I won't complain :) )

We expect to continue in Fourth Division, with Three Grades, and Halligan Cup when we can manage it.

Ours is an area of Sydney brimming with talent, and we believe our current push to get the off-field culture right will assist with the smooth running of game day. The results will be what they will be.

Written applications preferred, including relevant experience and qualifications, to:

rousehillrenegades@gmail.com

Further discussion can commence once we establish contact.

So, if you know anyone keen, and they live in the area particularly, I'd appreciate if you'd let them know.

Regards,

Pfitzy aka El Presidente

;)

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
Congratulations Pfitzy. It's great to see good people still standing up when it's needed.

If I didn't already have club commitments (mine, son's and golden oldies) I would take up the chance to coach a Renegades side to be a part of what you're trying to achieve.

....well that and I'm a sh!t coach. :p

Good Luck with it all and well done on a fantastic milestone for the charities.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Join the club. I am a life member.

All hail King Pfitzy.

First home electrical sustainability, then the Rouse Hill Renegade's.

Waves come in sets of 3 as any good coastal dweller knows. What is in store for the third wave of Renaissance Pfitzy?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Lads - a quick question:

Does anyone have recommendations for an apparel supplier? We're looking at training shirts + shorts + socks + polo shirts. Maybe jerseys if the price is right.

I just want to check we're getting the best bang for buck with other teams out there.

Prodigy

Alex Ross (28)
Lads - a quick question:

Does anyone have recommendations for an apparel supplier? We're looking at training shirts + shorts + socks + polo shirts. Maybe jerseys if the price is right.

I just want to check we're getting the best bang for buck with other teams out there.
Talk to Gary Gabriel at Zoo Sports. I'm getting good feedback on their gear.

Gaz is aligned with Forest Rugby so knows the plight of a Subbies club. He was also at Canterbury for a while. Let him know I recommended him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BaysideBird

Bill Watson (15)
You can get a BLK full kit for $65 per person plus GST. Includes Jersey, Shorts Socks, Singlet and Polo. Its good quality and you know what you are getting compared with some local kit makers.

111-RUNION-SMALL.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Only issue is whether they'll be around to supply it ;)

I've been in contact with them and nothing untoward mentioned so far.

Heavyd

Trevor Allan (34)
Subbies have given the heads up that they are no longer in a financial position to subsidize their co funding of Bill Pulver and his ARU National participation Fee. In 2017 struggling clubs will have to come up with $775 per team just to cover Bills 1st class airfares as he travels the globe watching Wallaby games from half-way in his corporate box. That fee goes to $1000 per team in 2018!!!! This is on top of the standard subbies $550 per team fee + an increase to that illusionary insurance cover which will now be circa $2000 per team. Subbies club affiliation fees are increasing and will be another $650 per club.

What does this mean? If you are in a 5 grade club you are up for $19000 odd before you think about jersey, strapping etc. With falling participation rates this will send clubs to the wall. The ARU is destroying grassroots rugby and no one seems to care. How are we letting this happen?

PapanuiPirate

Frank Row (1)
We really don't have much choice. Most of us just want to play footy and if that means we have to fork out we will. What are our options? There's no white knight ready to back a stand alone amateur rugby competition.

We could all stop playing en mass and hope the ARU notices. In reality they probably won't care and we won't get to play.

The attitude of Subbies the last few years suggests that they want a smaller competition with bigger clubs that are capable of sustaining themselves. I don't know that any of us agree with it, but what avenue of protest do we have?

Ozzie Bob

Charlie Fox (21)
I see Balmain have announced former Wallaby and Waratah Benn Robinson as their first grade coach for next season. I wonder how many kings old boys will be running around with Balmain next year?

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Only issue is whether they'll be around to supply it ;)

I've been in contact with them and nothing untoward mentioned so far.

Spoke to BLK rep this morning - receivers for their parent have guaranteed any orders for the time being so they're solid.

Looking at the numbers of kit we need, might be worth sticking with our current supplier for now.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
What does this mean? If you are in a 5 grade club you are up for $19000 odd before you think about jersey, strapping etc. With falling participation rates this will send clubs to the wall. The ARU is destroying grassroots rugby and no one seems to care. How are we letting this happen?

And to put that in perspective: if you ask every starting player for those 5 grades $250 in fees, you get to $18,750

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
@Heavyd has this been announced through official channels? We've got a committee meeting Thursday so I need to make sure everyone understands what is going on.

PapanuiPirate

Frank Row (1)
@Heavyd has this been announced through official channels? We've got a committee meeting Thursday so I need to make sure everyone understands what is going on.

On page 5 of the Subbies Annual Report (available on the subbies website and one of the most inane documents I have ever read) Executive Director Mark Green states "Over the last two years the Union has partially absorbed the National Participation Fee and this contributed to a significant loss in 2016. This subsidy will be phased out over the next 12 months as the Union attempts to minimise losses."

Rugby Central

Charlie Fox (21)
I don't know that any of us agree with it, but what avenue of protest do we have?

Hey PP, and to other frustrated Subbies people. I do have an avenue/alternative but would like to discuss this off-line as I don't want to see anybody executed as a "rebel" just for discussing other options. It's a massive task so would take place in 2018, if at all.

Start a private conversation with me if you're interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.