• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Subbies 2022

The Waverley Walrus

Bob McCowan (2)
Any news out of Knox regarding the forfeits of 2's, 3's and 4's this week?

Are they destined for Div 5 next year if they can only field One grade? Subbies needs to step in and take some action here.

Also noted Barker looking for a 2nd grade game? Maybe they should ask UNSW if they want to have their game back from a few weeks ago. Is it just bad timing or convenience they were down to play a team below them on the ladder instead of 2nd place UNSW?
Knox are a total disgrace.

no repercussions from the spineless subbies administration

Through the hands

Stan Wickham (3)
Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but couldn’t find it. How many teams qualify for div 1 finals this year? Also are any venues confirmed for these fixtures or waiting on NSW Rugby. I know Woollahra oval seems to be a favourite of theirs understandably so.

Eyes and Ears

Bob Davidson (42)
Apologies if it’s already been mentioned but couldn’t find it. How many teams qualify for div 1 finals this year? Also are any venues confirmed for these fixtures or waiting on NSW Rugby. I know Woollahra oval seems to be a favourite of theirs understandably so.
I understand it is a Top 6. Finals are normally held where there 2 grounds and a fence to enable a gate.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
Hearing rumours that Hornsby are struggling with the travel in the Central Coast comp and training numbers are a mess.
Could a return to Subbies be on the cards…

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Hearing rumours that Hornsby are struggling with the travel in the Central Coast comp and training numbers are a mess.
Could a return to Subbies be on the cards…

If they can put 3 teams in, that would help with sorting out 8 clubs in Divs 1-3.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)
The sun never sets on the Woodsman's web of spies

More coming for you. HAC & Redfield first grade game abandoned today after HAC player sent off and allegedly assaults Redfield spectator.

Also, heard that Division 4 finals will be played at Holroyd Sports Ground, although Subbies yet to inform the clubs involved.

Uzi1989

Stan Wickham (3)
More coming for you. HAC & Redfield first grade game abandoned today after HAC player sent off and allegedly assaults Redfield spectator.

Also, heard that Division 4 finals will be played at Holroyd Sports Ground, although Subbies yet to inform the clubs involved.
What in the world this can’t be good for hac, redfield, the division 4 or subbies

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Great day at the Field Of Dreams in Kellyvile - Balmain were superb in coming all the way out for a game and it was 12-10 despite what the sheet online says ;)

Savers way too strong in both Grades, tho we gave them a bit of a head start early, and came back strong physically in First Grade.

For me, the season is over. Thank fuck! Now I just get to sit back and enjoy my weekends. Big year, and a lot packed into it. Especially the last week with the Disaster at Sommerville followed by hosting Womens 7s and then a very successful Old Boys / Memorial / Cultural Day.

Subbiesgoat

Frank Row (1)
Great day at the Field Of Dreams in Kellyvile - Balmain were superb in coming all the way out for a game and it was 12-10 despite what the sheet online says ;)

Savers way too strong in both Grades, tho we gave them a bit of a head start early, and came back strong physically in First Grade.

For me, the season is over. Thank fuck! Now I just get to sit back and enjoy my weekends. Big year, and a lot packed into it. Especially the last week with the Disaster at Sommerville followed by hosting Womens 7s and then a very successful Old Boys / Memorial / Cultural Day.

I have looked at the scoresheets and it was 12-12 in Halligans.

WoodyWoodsman

Sydney Middleton (9)

Balmain player group shows them singing the team song. I guess a draw is as good as a win.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I have looked at the scoresheets and it was 12-12 in Halligans.

I was one of the Assistant Refs. Neither of Balmain's kicks went over :) They're even confirming it in the Halligan WhatsApp group. But it doesn't matter - they came to our rescue and got a case of cold ones and a day in the sun for their efforts.

Balmain player group shows them singing the team song. I guess a draw is as good as a win.

I think they were more celebrating the end of the season. Great lads - could have just hung up the boots and let the season go but made the trip.

Last edited:

Heavyd

Nev Cottrell (35)
Lindfield vs Newport Recap

Congrats Lindfield on hosting a very successful day. Plenty of lovely fillies filling the ladies day inclosure and they appeared to be having a very merry time.

My memories of playing on this track was always the dreaded rock hard cricket pitch in the middle, not in 2022. I massive bog and very very heavy under foot.

4th grade: 22-12 to Lindfield. Old Soldier have players to burn and were too strong in this one against a make shift Newport side. Not sure what subbies will do with a finals series with only 5 teams, who have all played a different amount of games. Certainly the grade cant stand for CC points.

Ladies 7: They had a good old time in the mud.

3rd Grade: 24-5 to the Breakers. Newports physicality was too much for Lindfield who tackled hard till the end. Going to take a big late season stack to deny Newport the premiership in Blunt Cup as the team if full of a mix of old hard heads and young superstars. Newport take the minor Premiership as they cant be run down with a week to play.

Colts: 22-12 to Lindfield. Old soldiers colts are enormous, I mean huge. Their set piece is first class and the boggy conditions suited them to a tee. However, their backs defence is suspect and on a dry pitch Newport will fancy their chances comes final time to run the big boys around and carve up their outside backs. Congrats to Lindfield on the minor premiership.

2nd grade: 21-0 to Lindfield. Another high quality encounter, with willing charges and defense from both teams. But dear oh dear, Newport will rue this one that got away. 2 early missed penalties in front, and I mean right in front. Then down 3-0 they waved away another certain 3 due to missing the first two! Lindfield go through as undefeated Premiers but I think this Cup is definately up for grabs.

1st Grade: Breakers 29-17. Newport a class above in this one with their young fast backline again putting on some amazing tries set by a platform of their small but determined pack. A few late tries gave the Lindfield ladies something to cheer about.

Which brings us to next week. Newport vs HV at Porters with the winner claiming the minor premiership and a game that will decide the club champs. If you havent been to Porters and your season is over, make the trip as the crowd and atmosphere will be next level.

Last edited:

C.Dark

Bob McCowan (2)
Tough day for my boys yesterday, Epping won the day across all games and really put us to the sword in 1st grade, every reserve was bigger than the last! don’t see them losing any time soon.

Terrible news out of the HAC game if reports are true, it’s a shame to end one of their hardest seasons to date on such poor terms, I’d expect that behaviour from the likes of the Drummoyne Wags or a stacked UNSW 2nd grade but not the river men from Richmond road.

Bit of a boil over at Macquarie too looks like a yellow let open the flood gates for a surge of points from the stags, not a great run into the finals for the uni boys

Footyhead#2

Chris McKivat (8)
I have spoken to a good mate at HAC and apparently the player who got the red card is a real good guy. He is a very good clubmen, family guy and would do anything for anyone.

Apparently after he was carded a few Redfield fans sang "na na na na ... hey hey hey goodbye" and that really upset him. Pretty ordinary from Redfield.
Same old bullshit excuses from HAC. Not once have they ever owned up and apologised for their dickhead behaviour. Always someone else's fault.

qwerty123

Stan Wickham (3)
Lindfield vs Newport Recap

Congrats Lindfield on hosting a very successful day. Plenty of lovely fillies filling the ladies day inclosure and they appeared to be having a very merry time.

My memories of playing on this track was always the dreaded rock hard cricket pitch in the middle, not in 2022. I massive bog and very very heavy under foot.

4th grade: 22-12 to Lindfield. Old Soldier have players to burn and were too strong in this one against a make shift Newport side. Not sure what subbies will do with a finals series with only 5 teams, who have all played a different amount of games. Certainly the grade cant stand for CC points.

Ladies 7: They had a good old time in the mud.

3rd Grade: 24-5 to the Breakers. Newports physicality was too much for Lindfield who tackled hard till the end. Going to take a big late season stack to deny Newport the premiership in Blunt Cup as the team if full of a mix of old hard heads and young superstars. Newport take the minor Premiership as they cant be run down with a week to play.

Colts: 22-12 to Lindfield. Old soldiers colts are enormous, I mean huge. Their set piece is first class and the boggy conditions suited them to a tee. However, their backs defence is suspect and on a dry pitch Newport will fancy their chances comes final time to run the big boys around and carve up their outside backs. Congrats to Lindfield on the minor premiership.

2nd grade: 21-0 to Lindfield. Another high quality encounter, with willing charges and defense from both teams. But dear oh dear, Newport will rue this one that got away. 2 early missed penalties in front, and I mean right in front. Then down 3-0 they waved away another certain 3 due to missing the first two! Lindfield go through as undefeated Premiers but I think this Cup is definately up for grabs.

1st Grade: Breakers 29-17. Newport a class above in this one with their young fast backline again putting on some amazing tries set by a platform of their small but determined pack. A few late tries gave the Lindfield ladies something to cheer about.

Which brings us to next week. Newport vs HV at Porters with the winner claiming the minor premiership and a game that will decide the club champs. If you havent been to Porters and your season is over, make the trip as the crowd and atmosphere will be next level.
Question on everyone's lips... who won the 20 v 20?

oldmate11

Herbert Moran (7)
Same old bullshit excuses from HAC. Not once have they ever owned up and apologised for their dickhead behaviour. Always someone else's fault.
I try to stay objective about clubs on this forum but not HAC. Multiple times they’ve been racist on field against us and I had a look and surprise surprise. The guy that got red carded spent all game stomping on players that were on the ground last time we played them. Hope he got laid out by the Redfield crowd.