• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Tah Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WB3

I reckon it's doubtful. He might move to play with Cooper at the Reds but I doubt Link would feel he's needed. The Tahs can't offer him anything better than a NZ province that I can think of (other than the weather) and he has a history of playing rival offers against each other, as all of Nasser's clients do.

PS If he joined Quade at the Reds that might save them both from returning to League.

PPS It still won't happen.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Just when you thought he was getting back on track he goes and does this. Good luck to the Tahs if they can get him. Would be a damn good backline next season with Barnes, Praetorius, Horne, Mitchell, Turner and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

On the other hand i'd like the Reds sign him just so Cooper and he can get this nonsense out of playing together out of the way and making it more likely QC (Quade Cooper) will stay in Red and Union. Would be a big loss to the code if they both went to league.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No NRL club will pay the big bucks QC (Quade Cooper) is demanding until he can demonstrate that he can tackle.
QC (Quade Cooper) admitted a year ago he needed to work on it and was committed to improve.
Anyone think he has?
He has a reluctance to put his head down, he won't even do it in a ruck, he meerkats and looks like a Mungo playing his first game in subbies.Not like a player in his 4th year? as a professional RUGBY player.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
SBW is just try to drive his value upward or float a trial balloon for a move down the road. He can see the marketing potential of his "brand" (probably has been chatting with JOC (James O'Connor) as well). I saw nothing in that highly speculative report that suggests he'd really move away from Auckland having already given his goodbyes to the Crusaders..

exISA

Fred Wood (13)
Ye I wouldn't take any notice of this. Could it be a media driven tactic to maybe get him excluded for the world cup squad for even thinking about it?

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
tahs need a coach first. doubt this will happen.

QOC tackling has gotten worse.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
if hes gunna give up playing for the all blacks wtf would he do it for a quarter of a salary in nsw
hes gunna play another year in nz then him and quade a double package> league would consider a salary cap exception for the sheer numbers of union followers that would watch them but id suggest they would more likely to go to france where the euro is plentiful the weather is great and the women are beautiful
im hoping quades girly ties him down and the lions tour is a big draw for him

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I think you will find this story came from Tah land and not SBW's camp. Nassar was even quoted as saying they were committed to NZRU.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
my first reaction was jamies an idiot but considering the minimal coverage union gets in the papers even a bs beat up would likely draw some attention
hats off to him> hes fighting the good fight

T

tranquility

For a bloke who comes across as such a down to earth and genuinely good guy in interview, it is such a shame that he has such predators working around him that chisel his public image into such a ruthless and disloyal traveling circus. With better management, he could go down as one of the greats - but I truly fear that he is shooting himself continually in the foot with these shenanigans and I think eventually it will hurt him. Commit to a franchise in New Zealand mate, and do the work and become a 30 cap All Black. Forget about the boxing.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Does Sarel Pretorius count as a Marquee player if he hasnt played a test for the Boks? Can he count as a foreign development player?

SBW would be massive if he signed....

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
it is such a shame that he has such predators working around him that chisel his public image into such a ruthless and disloyal traveling circus. With better management, he could go down as one of the greats - but I truly fear that he is shooting himself continually in the foot with these shenanigans and I think eventually it will hurt him.

It depends how you look at it. I suppose he wants a management which will get his name out there, generate hype and command top dollar for his services; to that end his management team is doing very well. The rest is up to him to prove himself on the field.

Having a nice clean public image is proven time and time again not to be all it’s cracked up to be. Look at Sonny Bill vs Barnes for instance, same age, Barnes has the squeaky clean imagine, Sonny Bill with the rogue-type imagine, Barnes the more accomplished player, overall pretty even in abilities (albeit different type 12s), but which player would most teams chose if they had the pick of the two? Sonny Bill by a fair margin, from a Rugby perspective and from rival codes.

If something fails in Rugby Union for Sonny he has generated limitless opportunities to pursue, a credit to himself AND his management team; they do seem to do a good job from that perspective. And there is no reason why he cannot go down as one of the greats.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

so wait if he did sign with the Tahs would that mean he'd play for the Wallabies??

and if the Tahs do get the opportunity I think they should sign him.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
It depends how you look at it. I suppose he wants a management which will get his name out there, generate hype and command top dollar for his services; to that end his management team is doing very well. The rest is up to him to prove himself on the field.

Having a nice clean public image is proven time and time again not to be all it’s cracked up to be. Look at Sonny Bill vs Barnes for instance, same age, Barnes has the squeaky clean imagine, Sonny Bill with the rogue-type imagine, Barnes the more accomplished player, overall pretty even in abilities (albeit different type 12s), but which player would most teams chose if they had the pick of the two? Sonny Bill by a fair margin, from a Rugby perspective and from rival codes.

If something fails in Rugby Union for Sonny he has generated limitless opportunities to pursue, a credit to himself AND his management team; they do seem to do a good job from that perspective. And there is no reason why he cannot go down as one of the greats.

I agree with the Tranquil 1. What he gains from his notoriety will be forgotten as soon as his playing days are done or even as his abilities fade. There can be no doubt that he is a top player but there is a valid reason why he is on the bench for the ABs.

On top of that Nassaer may well be driving this rubbish but ultimately SBW is in charge zand its his reputation that is being bartered. I have always believed a man's word is his bond and he has given it (again), if he breaks trust again it shows the true man beneath.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
my first reaction was jamies an idiot but considering the minimal coverage union gets in the papers even a bs beat up would likely draw some attention
hats off to him> hes fighting the good fight

Telling lies and making sh*t up does the sport no good at all. It just brings us into disrepute. Fighting the good fight would be to spend a week researching an in-depth journalistic story.

Status
Not open for further replies.