• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney women's comp - 2 rounds to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Karinc

With two more round games for the women’s comp (and a handful of washed out games to be made up if they can be squeezed in) who is likely to be in the top four?

Sydney Uni are home and dry with 57 points. They’ll go into the finals in 1st place.

2nd spot is still debatable: Merrylands have 40 points, and Warringah have 36. They play each other tomorrow, so that could be the crucial game. Merrylands will be 8 points clear if they win (if no bonus points), but it will be even if Warringah get up.

Penrith currently in 4th place with 18 points. They should be able to hang onto that, Rockdale are only 7 points behind, so if they have a couple of wins, and Penrith don’t, they could sneak ahead.

With only one win so far Waverley look like they’ll be taking home the Wooden Spoon this year. 

Anybody got any thoughts on it all?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
A team mate of mine up in Newcastle, Aus who used to play for Warringah said the Sydney comp has been dominated by Warringah & Sydney Uni so I'm hoping for Merrylands to get up. In Newy my own team is looking to end another clubs dominance as well so maybe this could be the year of the under dog.

K

Karinc

Well Merrylands beat Warringah yesterday, so that should have them comfortably in 2nd place.

Can't see them beating Sydney Uni, they are just too good this year. They work hard for it though!

Who do you play for?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey there Karinc I play for Newcastle University (the angry seahorses) hence my name. We won yesterday in a tight one & are in the grand final. I'm sure Sydney Uni deserve their place, should be interesting.

Oh yeah Newcastle as in NSW Australia, some people always seem to think I mean Newcastle Uni in England.

K

Karinc

I didn't know Newcastle Uni were called the Angry Seahorses!

Think we've probably met. I read one of your other posts saying you were chatting to some of the Waverley girls at Crescent Head. One of them was most likely me.

Our coach won the sprint. Sadly she has now gone back to Wales (was only hear on a working holiday visa). Think she is coming back out for a month in January so I'm trying to persuade her to stay long enough for Crescent Head again.

You lot doing the Central Coast 7s on 8th October? I have details if you need them. I believe the men's comp is full, but they are keen for another couple of women's teams.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Hey there again Karinc. Yes I'd like the details for the sevens comp on the CC but no one is really looking into anything with our GF around the corner, our coach/capt/player (triple threat, lol) is the one that usually makes the call as to whether we are doing certain comps after assessing the numbers available. So I'll pass on the info you give me. Are you guys going to Byron as well? As we'll be there for that but we dont really 'compete' at Byron its more like one big binge session by the sounds of it, I've been in Rugby for a while but it'll be my 1st byron bay sevens comp.

I must've been talking to you I do remember chatting with your team. You guys played Hamilton at the beginning of the year which I think is a good concept playing different teams from different areas in the pre-season. Def get your coach back she was good, "she looks a bit professional" lol crescent head commentator, that was funny.

Yes, not too many people realise we are the Angry Seahorses we usually get Students, we have a Seahorse as the Uni's symbol. I've never found Students to be real appropriate as we have non students that play for Newy Uni as its a community club.

Status
Not open for further replies.