• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Sydney Women's Rugby

Status
Not open for further replies.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Making a new thread about the Sydney Women's Comp that's going on ATM, having a rep bye this weekend - currently Sydney Uni are on top on 38 points as of round 10.

http://myrugby.rugby.com.au/myrugby/competitions/ladder.asp?comp=8365&OrgID=015001

Nationals are coming up next month - http://www.rugby.com.au/try_rugby/playing/championships/national_womens_championship,146826.html

If you're in Sydney, this weekend, the Sydney Reps are playing the NSW Country side this Saturday at Coogee Oval. KO 1.15pm

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Just as a small announcement, Sydney Uni just picked up their best player to date.... me!

I decided to go over due to recent study commitments, so I look forward to the challenge.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to it!

Btw if you aren't doing anything Saturday the curtain raiser to the Sydney Subbies vs Country Subbies game is the City vs Country womens game

Where: Coogee Oval
When: Saturday, June 11
Time: 1:15pm
Cost: $15 (includes both games)

See you there

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks mate, I'm looking forward to it!

Btw if you aren't doing anything Saturday the curtain raiser to the Sydney Subbies vs Country Subbies game is the City vs Country womens game

Where: Coogee Oval
When: Saturday, June 11
Time: 1:15pm
Cost: $15 (includes both games)

See you there

Go the Country girls! Should be a good game City obviously overwhelming favs with the number of Wallaroos in their squad.

latrell247

Chris McKivat (8)
Looking forward to the Sydney v country game. I've heard that the Tipene sisters from rockdale are of good talent

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
there is only one wallaroo girl in the city team lol

The country team may have more Wallaroos but they have quite a few players that have little experience in Rugby, the Fullback for country only started playing Rugby last year even though shes fit shes obviously very new to the game its the same deal with quite a few of their players. Club players who have played for a number of years could have their measure. I'm surprised about City through I thought they'd have a lot more Wallaroos in their squad if they were taking this seriously, obviously not, and once again demonstrates the arrogance of Sydney. Go Country!

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
there is only one wallaroo girl in the city team lol

A lot of the wallaroos are settling down, or focusing on sevens.
Chris Ross is due to have a baby any day now, some of the others are wishing to settle down now.
Cheryl Soon is focusing on sevens like a lot of the girls are.

EDIT: there were 2 wallaroos girls playing for the city side but read above why there were only 2. Tui Ornsby and Iliseva Batibasaga were the Wallaroos girls.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Round 12 of the Sydney Women's Comp is right here all games played on Sat 18 June
Sydney University v Waverley Wentworth Oval #1, Glebe 12:00pm
Warringah v Merrylands Warringah Rugby Park 2:00pm
Rockdale v Penrith C A Redmond Field 2:00pm

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
A lot of the wallaroos are settling down, or focusing on sevens.
Chris Ross is due to have a baby any day now, some of the others are wishing to settle down now.
Cheryl Soon is focusing on sevens like a lot of the girls are.

EDIT: there were 2 wallaroos girls playing for the city side but read above why there were only 2. Tui Ornsby and Iliseva Batibasaga were the Wallaroos girls.

Fair enough. Focusing on sevens though, christ, its like swapping full strength coffee for decaf.

HodgoBerro

Bill Watson (15)
Sorry haven't updated recently been busy with studies & job searching.

Nationals played this weekend just gone, congrats to Queensland defeated ACT Brumbies 5-0 in a tough final

Anyway updates on previous rounds

Round 12*
Sydney University 55 v*Waverley 5
Rockdale 25 v Penrith 34 *

Warringah vs Merrylands washed out.

Round 13
Penrith 0 v Sydney University 52
Warringah 28 v Waverley 0 ** *Merrylands 60 v Rockdale 0 *

Round 15
REPRESENTATIVE BYE - NATIONALS

Round 16 Saturday 9 July 2011

Sydney University v Merrylands *
St Paul's Oval* 1:00pm

Waverley v Penrith *
Waverley Oval 2:00pm

Rockdale v Warringah *
C A Redmond Field #2 2:00pm

Come to the Sydney Uni game before the Shute Shield game on Saturday St Pauls Oval very short walk from Oval No.1

Status
Not open for further replies.