• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Thanks Richard Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
Just wanted to say thanks to Richard Graham. You might not have been a super hero, or a super coach, but you had a great go. Your results were poor no doubt, and a fair portion of that can be attributed to you, but you also had some fu**in bad luck at times. You're passionate about Queensland Rugby and love the place, we love your passion but it wasn't to be. Thanks for having a good go of it, remaining professional consistently to your final press conference.

See you at the next home game

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Has to be said Graham showed up well in that final press conference. Even shook hands with the journos.

While the results on field meant departure, no doubt about it, he seems like a good bloke and gave it his best.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I think great administrators in this game are sometimes enhanced by great seasons. And 2011 was a great season. Link is praised for taking a Reds group and making it superb, and Carmichael is praised for Link in a lot of ways.

But, quite frankly, no administrator worth their salt would have reappointed Woody, particularly with such an obvious opportunity to get rid of him after two seasons of shite.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Pretty sure he was a board appointment.
So there are 5 dickheads to blame for his extension.

The CEO/ board member can hardly say anything publicly other than he supports the
re appointment totally.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
Is the CEO the administrator of the Reds, or the administrator of the QRU?Genuine question.

One I believe has been done very well though we wait for financial results next week.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
CEO of the QRU, which up until this year included the Reds.

This year Dan Herbert heads up the Reds.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)

I remember when Carmichael was appointed there was much jubilation about his abilities.

However, some posters (modesty forbids) pointed out that his total lack of background in our game was a huge handicap.

The chickens usually come home to roost.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

That is starting to make sense. It surpises me that the Reds arent an incorporated entity, like the Waratahs. With a board independent of the union, albeit accountable to the union.

As it is, perhaps JC should more fundamentally be judged on the effectiveness of administration activities related to the affiliated unions/clubs? Including leveraging the Reds for strength at the grass roots - in part this means commercial success and contribution from Reds to the QRU.

Whatever the background and history, surely Herbert, using the Reds organisation, should be the decission maker for the HC going forward?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I remember when Carmichael was appointed there was much jubilation about his abilities.

However, some posters (modesty forbids) pointed out that his total lack of background in our game was a huge handicap.

The chickens usually come home to roost.

There is a huge buildup of guano at Ballymore

Some (one) has been removed. Time to bring in the back-hoe to remove the rest

Having said that I wish RG all the best in his new endeavors. I wonder if he will return to teaching (at school)

namtrak

Tom Lawton (22)
From afar, this looks a lot like a scapegoat. Maybe he wasn't up to the task, but it seems like player management is a much bigger problem. The list of recent Reds, currently playing elsewhere, reads like a Wallabies squad.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
From afar, this looks a lot like a scapegoat. Maybe he wasn't up to the task, but it seems like player management is a much bigger problem. The list of recent Reds, currently playing elsewhere, reads like a Wallabies squad.

RG was a part of the problem - a big part - he couldn't get the best out of the players retained. Am certain RG and Cordingly worked closely together. Maybe they should in the future

Seems to me the blokes that have left generally are playing better than those kept or brought up into the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.