• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Fast Diet

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I lost all/most of my weight by cutting out sugar and grains and living on meat and green vegetables essentially.

The fast diet approach has helped shock the system break through a very tough plateau (I want to get back to a 34 inch waste)

I understand there is very little correlation between exercise and weight loss.

What you stick in your mouth is the key.

I use the mantra of a US trainer, you lose weight by eating well, you exercise so you can move.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
How can that be right?
For years I have seen guys put on8-10kgs over summer,then lose it in 6 weeks when footy training starts.
No change in diet,just their physical exertion.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
How can that be right?
For years I have seen guys put on8-10kgs over summer,then lose it in 6 weeks when footy training starts.
No change in diet,just their physical exertion.

Yeah, well "very little correlation between exercise and weight loss" is the point.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/weight-loss/expert-answers/weight-loss/faq-20058292

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/sep/19/exercise-dieting-public-health

http://www.abc.net.au/health/features/stories/2015/01/15/4162890.htm

http://theconversation.com/food-v-exercise-what-makes-the-biggest-difference-in-weight-loss-3639

Cyril Towers (30)
I have no trouble exercising on fast days but I struggle if I exercise before eating the next day. I found a banana before my swim helped a lot with that. I got back into swimming about the same time I started the diet and I just can't swim with food on board, but a banana is ok. Did the Coogee Island swim last weekend, which was an experience for a boy from Tamworth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I have done it in the past, and also the warrior diet (which is similar, but you fast every day with a re-feed each night). Both worked well for me in terms of weight loss, but neither work for my wife. must be a hormonal thing.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I'm still going strong. My weight loss is over 10 kilo so far and I'm pretty impressed at how easily it's coming off.
My doctor has now joined me on the diet and she likes it as well.
I'm hopeful of losing less muscle with this than a normal diet.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Can I just say well done to everyone on their weight loss, I know it ain't easy and also something you'll all be proud of.

For myself I just stopped eating shit food and as someone has already said, stuck to veg and meat. I've dropped from 112 to 97 in 8 weeks, so fairly pleased with that. Keen on getting to 90 eventually, I think for a 6'3 guy that's fair enough?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
.....Keen on getting to 90 eventually, I think for a 6'3 guy that's fair enough?
Probably fair enough but goal weights are tricky and ultimately they are just an arbitrary figure to push you onwards.
I'm 6'6 and regularly sit between the 112-118kg range. I always thought that 100-105 would be good for me. I got close once through diet and exercise and got down to about 107 but didn't feel like I looked a lot different and thought I could stand to lose another 10-12kgs easy.
I got lazy and put the weight back on and ballooned to about 122kg. Then I got sick. Surgery and a week in hospital and then recovery dropped me down to 99kg. I was gaunt. Way to thin. Since then though I'm back up to 115kg and being slightly overweight.
Not sure what my point is now that I've reached the end of my story. Other than to say that pick a goal weight but just stick with the healthy eating and exercise as a lifestyle choice and your body will plateau at where you should be. :)

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think it probably helps that I'm a lot younger than most of the people on here, not that I'm insinuating you're all oldies...

Well actually I am, but it makes all your weight losses a lot more impressive than mine!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think it probably helps that I'm a lot younger than most of the people on here, not that I'm insinuating you're all oldies.

Well actually I am, but it makes all your weight losses a lot more impressive than mine!
Fark Scoey might have something to say about you calling him old.

But me? Yeah I'm old.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
A handy hint; I got tonsillitis on Monday and have since dropped another 3 kilos. Anyone know any other contagious diseases going around I can abuse?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
What you want is a good dose of rotovirus. That will sort you out. That or head to Bali and drink some of the local water.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think it probably helps that I'm a lot younger than most of the people on here, not that I'm insinuating you're all oldies.

Jim Jeffries. Telling it like it is. :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432074070.348951.jpg