• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Injury Prone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I was starting thinking about the number or possible Wallabies that are injury prone, particularly in relation to the defense of retaining Elsom as captain (ie it is a settled team, with a settled captain, so a RWC year isn't the time for a change). With this in mind I thought, well we can't really afford to pick injury prone players in the Wallabies, or a least not in the starting line up, can we?

Important wallabies that are injury prone, and possibly should not be selected:

Barnes
Ioane
Horwill
TPN
Mortlock
Horne

If they are clearly ahead of the other candidates for that position, then you could argue that a risk could be taken on them (eg Horwill >> Simmons), but if not I put forward the theory that they should not be picked in the Wallabies starting XV. Is this a reasonable idea for a selection policy?

T

TOCC

Interesting to note that in those players mentioned, they are probably the 5 players(horne's will get there) who you can say "wear there heart on there sleeve" and put 100% each match even if its punishing on there bodies.

Add Genia and Pocock onto that list and you can start to see a trend developing..

T

TheTruth

Scotty,

agree with all except Ioane with the most injury prone being Horne and TPN - do you think Mortlock is even in the mix ?

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Scotty,

agree with all except Ioane with the most injury prone being Horne and TPN - do you think Mortlock is even in the mix ?

I think he would be if he hadn't had so many injuries in the last few years! We could do a lot worse than a fit Mortlock starting at 12 or 13.

Status
Not open for further replies.