• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Israel Folau saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Sorry if this isn't the right place or appropriate (feel free to move/delete if necessary mods) but Folau posted this on snapchat:

56696831_2303512283239157_6681871117071679488_n.jpg

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Will be interesting to see if any of his team mates like this post. A certain Rebels half backlikes most of his religious posts.

Brother John's Instagram is interesting as well

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)
I think his beliefs are well known to all.

This type of post is to be expected from him so I don't have a big issue with it.

He is what he is and he is a bloody good footballer, this is what he is paid to do.

He has a right to his outdated beliefs and if he truly believes that he can "save" someone then who are we to tell him to stop.

I do not share his beliefs but do think he has a right to express them in a manner that we are not forced to look at. If he made this statement in a post game interview where all viewers are watching then it is an issue, but he can easily be blocked on social media and ignored quite easily.

It appears that there are many people who don't agree with his views but continue to follow him just so they can attack him, kind of like the high number of people who follow controversial politicians just to attack them.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I think his beliefs are well known to all.

This type of post is to be expected from him so I don't have a big issue with it.

He is what he is and he is a bloody good footballer, this is what he is paid to do.

He has a right to his outdated beliefs and if he truly believes that he can "save" someone then who are we to tell him to stop.

I do not share his beliefs but do think he has a right to express them in a manner that we are not forced to look at. If he made this statement in a post game interview where all viewers are watching then it is an issue, but he can easily be blocked on social media and ignored quite easily.

It appears that there are many people who don't agree with his views but continue to follow him just so they can attack him, kind of like the high number of people who follow controversial politicians just to attack them.

Yeah agreed, that's what I was implying up the page. I think his views are fucked and abhorrent but when you're raised in a community where everyone believes that, what do you expect.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
To quote a very educational 90's show, Season 7 Tree House of Horror IV....
To stop those monsters, one-two-three,
Here's a fresh new way that's trouble-free,
It's got Paul Anka's guarantee Just don't look! Just don't look!

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
He's entitled to spout whatever he wants, unless he is wearing a waratah or Wallaby jersey when he does it, in which case he is bound by his employers code of conduct, and he'll have to bare the consequences of breaching it.

Screenshot_20190410-205242~2.png

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
He's entitled to spout whatever he wants, unless he is wearing a waratah or Wallaby jersey when he does it, in which case he is bound by his employers code of conduct, and he'll have to bare the consequences of breaching it.

That sums it up.

Let us all just take a minute to appreciate how mind-blowingly stupid it is to post something this inflammatory. FFS mate you just broke the Super Rugby try-scoring record, why do you have to go and do this in a World Cup year?

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I wonder if he makes the post, then giggles to himself when the phone rings and Clyne/Cheika calls?? The only way it makes sense to me!! (being an atheist)

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
This is a real moment for me as a fan, not watching another Waratahs game while he’s a contracted player. If Cheika picks him I won’t support Australia at the World Cup.

I have values and so should Rugby Australia.

Time to show them.

Status
Not open for further replies.