• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The ranting at Deans/ARU/O'Neill/Players thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just getting in early, for some reason I just have feeling this is going to be 2009 all over again.
What area are they going to stuff up tonight in 2009 it was basically everything in 2010 it was re-starts/kick offs in 2011 it was defence & then at the world cup it was attack that went to shit.

They always mess up 1 area of the game under Deans & then spend the entire series fixing that area.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Poor deans.
I feel a bit like a hipster, I hated him before it was cool.
Let's look at the results of the game thread for a clear understanding of the outcomes of tonight's games. For mine, it can be broken down into three options

1) we lose because deans doesn't know how to pick a decent team.

2) deans picks the team we need but doesn't know anything about tactics and how to use players properly.

3) we win but it's the exception to the rule. And deans should go anyway.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
well? the all blacks never got out of second gear and still managed to bomb 3 genuine try scoring opportunities (at least).

Yes - I fully expected that shit team, with a shit coach and shit subs to get thrashed by 30+.

I'm amazed that they got their shit together for a grand total of 4 minutes in attack.

I was pleasantly surprised Phipps sat on the bench the whole game.

P

Paradox

Deans has had this team in camp for ages. We played a series against Wales. That level of poor execution is inexcusable. What was the game plan by the way? It seemed to start off with lets run everything. That was quickly exposed.

Lior

Herbert Moran (7)
What really scares me is that the Wallabies can take no positive signs from tonights match.

It's time for Deans to go.

The guy has no depth. No substance. No sense.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
We did look good during the anthem. And at least we have pretty much sorted our defence. Apart from the bits on the sides.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We did look good during the anthem. And at least we have pretty much sorted our defence. Apart from the bits on the sides.
Actually, the defence was sort of OK, which is not saying much. Both tries were from pretty bad lapses, and I think both were Beale. Despite not missing lots of tackles, the defence was not particularly "offensive", however.
Can the coaches make the players catch better? I hope someone can, because there were some shockers with regards to ball security. Just awful.

P

Paradox

Will Deans make changes though? It's a big call to say, yes I farked up and should have selected x,y,z etc.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
I mentioned this on the live chat but as much as it pains me to say it, Deans was not entirely to blame for the loss tonight. I think we need to take a long hard look at the provincial coaches as all too often in Australian rugby our players get shown up due to an inability to perform basic skills under pressure. This inability is then exacerbated by poor S&C - which Bruce Ross often points out - as our supposedly tough forwards are sometimes man-handled by wingers. One of the byproducts of this is we need to put more forwards into the breakdwon which tires them out quicker which leads to walking around the field and a ponderace game plan.

Aussie D

Dick Tooth (41)
Will Deans make changes though? It's a big call to say, yes I farked up and should have selected x,y,z etc.
that or "I wanted to show faith in the guys that did the job against Wales". Sorry I don't know how to translate into Deans-speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.