• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Scarf Awards 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
First up, the NTA Medal for Most Posts in a Calendar Year. It?s expected, too. I mean, I did set up this site, and I have started threads to keep the conversation going at times, and there?s all those media stories I cut and pasted, so it?s no wonder that I have the 2nd most posts. The winner, however, is Splinters the Aussie.

Most One-Eyed Poster (sorry naz, ?Most Passionate Supporter?) goes to ? drumroll to build the complete lack of suspense ? naza. I hope Steve and Cliffy send you a certificate of appreciation for your work this year. Thanks also, for bringing all your mates from the Colosseum over here. They were a terrific laugh. Don?t do it again.

The #22: Poster We want to See More Of. This was a close one, with Moses gaining an honorable mention, and a selection of smallgoods from Don. But in the end, with his ability to control a thread with his steady boot, is Noddy. The people have spoken Nod: give PR the heave-ho and post all your wisdom here. I?ll get you set up for front page articles in a week or two.

Best Foreign Poster: this was the closest run contest, with some of our prominent non-Australians getting a well-deserved clap on the back from the Scarf faithful. I hope we have offered you blokes greater courtesy than is often given to Aussies on other boards. The winner was the old man of the Western Province, Oom Paarl.

Funniest Poster: well, the bastard?s Irish, isn?t he? He?d want to be funny. Thomond78.

The Lee Grant: The master of the dark arts smashed ?em straight up the middle. And threw a quick jab when the ref wasn?t looking. And stepped on the flanker?s fingers. And slipped his grip. And bored in. And pulled a whip-wheel and got awarded the penalty. The winner was fatprop.

Lastly, the big one, The Gold Scarf. A bit humbling, this. Thanks very much, it?s nice to be appreciated. Thanks to everyone who voted, thanks to my Mum and Dad for raising me with an interest in rugby, thanks to all the mods who have supported me on this journey, thanks to my wife who has stopped nagging me about spending time on the Scarf and has taken up drinking heavily instead, thanks to my kids ? whatsername and the little one, and thanks to all loyal Scarfies out there, you are the real heroes. Here?s a picture of me humbly accepting the award.

Attachments

• accepting the gold.JPG
    accepting the gold.JPG
    248.2 KB · Views: 550

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
Re: The Scarf Awards

naza is completely over-rated as a one-eyed poster.

I thought my form was a lot better in posting about the Rats and that I deserved the gong. naza's remarks about the Beasts were obvious whereas mine were more subtle - one would hardly know they were my team the way I cleverly got a reference in about them when they won.

It is obvious that I need to be more obvious about being obvious.

This is not sour grapes - just pointing out the error of the judge.

PS Why wasn't there a category for most long-winded and most repetitive and most of all, one for boring digressions?

PPS Congratulations to Scott Fardy from the Mighty Rats for winning the Catchpole medal and finishing equal with Dave Harvey from the Gordon nose pickers. Fardy (from the Magnificent Rats) didn't play until Round 9.

F

formeropenside

how the hell can Qld lose out in the one-eyed poster stakes?

robbed again!

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Because you can't be one-eyed when it's the truth :lmao:

naza

Alan Cameron (40)

formeropenside said:
how the hell can Qld lose out in the one-eyed poster stakes?

It just continues the great Queensland tradition of losing.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)

Scarfman said:
Best Foreign Poster: this was the closest run contest, with some of our prominent non-Australians getting a well-deserved clap on the back from the Scarf faithful. I hope we have offered you blokes greater courtesy than is often given to Aussies on other boards. The winner was the old man of the Western Province, Oom Paarl.
Dankie dames en here , n besondere voorreg. 8) Thanks for this one, will try and keep the faith. Myself thought Jury would have deserve this one and to be honest my vote went to him.

R

Rugby Rat

Wooo Hooo...

I won nothing !!

I guess that's someting.

Thomond78

Colin Windon (37)

Virgil said:
Rugby Rat said:
Wooo Hooo...

I won nothing !!

I guess that's someting.

Just like the Wallabies... :D

..ok ill grab my coat then...

It better be made out of Kevlar, cuzzy bro, because I'm not going to hold the QLDers back to save your skin... ;)

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
THREE YEARS LATER ...

:lmao: What a trip through memory lane. Virgil, Nick, come back, all is forgiven.

Status
Not open for further replies.