• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Sharpe-est tool in the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Funny this talk of Mumm not being a lock - when he plays for the Wallabies, he gets all his lineout ball, makes sure he contributes to the scrum and breakdown, and runs around doing a packet of other shit as well. I don't care if he's "only" 196cm. Giffin wasn't the biggest bloke but he got the gig for years.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Agree NTA, not sure there has been enough evidence yet of Mumm at international level playing lock for him to be discarded as an option for that position. I expect we will see a back 5 of Mumm, Horwill, MMM, Smith, Brown a few times on the tour, and I think it gives a pretty good balance. They are also 5 pretty high energy agressive players.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Scarfman said:
naza said:
Gagger said:
Last year I was a defender of Sharpe.

Then your opinion is completely and utterly worthless.

OK naz, you know the rules. If you are going to be a "passionate supporter" you have to provide some realistic options, not bay at the moon.

Ah yes, I forget Gagger is a relative newcomer. We have been criticising Sharpe's seagulling ways for years now, so I didn't think it needed repeating.

Chisholm didn't impose himself at club level in the Randwick games I saw this year. Give me the solid but limited grafter Van Humphries any day of the week.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Scotty said:
Agree NTA, not sure there has been enough evidence yet of Mumm at international level playing lock for him to be discarded as an option for that position. I expect we will see a back 5 of Mumm, Horwill, MMM, Smith, Brown a few times on the tour, and I think it gives a pretty good balance. They are also 5 pretty high energy agressive players.
That combo wouldn't bother me. Mumm at lock bothers me less than MMM, mainly because he showed in S14 he can do it reasonably, including scrummaging. I just think he would be a better 6 is all. I don't think MMM will be a lock at all. My main point is I want to see a young genuine lock get a chance - like Kimlin - and not be held back by experimenting with others less-suited. If Mumm grabs the position then good for him...and us.

P

PhucNgo

My impression of MMM is that he's a little bit reticent to carelessly throw his body around at the moment, and who could blame him with the run of injuries he's had over the past two years. Go back to the start of last year's (2007) S14 tho and I seem to recall that he was playing a leading role in the Red's pack which was cleaning up most everyone, until of course injuries took over. IMHO he hasn't really regained that form.

I'll stick my neck out here and say that Mumm will come out on top as Elsom's repalcement at 6. Since coming into the 'Tahs he's taken every opportunity with both hands and is still running. I'd even go so far as saying that if Elsom doesn't bring anything extra back with him, assuming that he does come back that is, Mumm will continue to hold down the spot.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Go back to the start of last year's (2007) S14 tho and I seem to recall that he was playing a leading role in the Red's pack which was cleaning up most everyone, until of course injuries took over. IMHO he hasn't really regained that form.

MMM went the hammer a few times in 2007 against the Canes & Saders until injury struck he was really bossing the opposition around with his defence.

That year Eddie Jones had the former Brumbies & leaguie Peter Ryan doing the defence or tackling sessions.

Status
Not open for further replies.