• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

The Two Blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Visy link with Parramatta as new major sponsor

Parramatta Rugby has taken another leap forward in rebuilding the club with Visy signing on as the Two Blues’ major sponsor for 2010.

Visy began manufacturing corrugated cardboard boxes in Melbourne in 1948 and has grown to become one of the world's leading privately owned packaging, paper and recycling companies. With its NSW Head Office as well as major manufacturing facilities located at nearby Smithfield, the connection between Visy and the Parramatta club is truly local.

“In recent years Visy has had a number of great sporting sponsorships and the opportunity to help out such a proud club as Parramatta was too good to refuse,” said Steve Boland, Visy Executive Director. “Whenever Visy becomes involved with a sporting or community project we definitely see ourselves as a partner in trying to improve the organisation wherever it can, especially with a community-based club like Parramatta.

“It’s no secret that the Parramatta club is one which could do with some help at the moment and we believe we’re in a great position to help provide that.

“This is about being a part of rebuilding the club from the ground up. Parramatta has a fantastic history and we are determined to ensure that the club has just as fantastic a future.”

“I would like to pay a special tribute to the absolutely committed board members and volunteers involved with the Parramatta club and especially to club General Manager Michael Bell and First Grade Coach Mark Hartill who were instrumental in bringing Visy on board.”

Parramatta are still bolstering their playing stocks for 2010 with head coach Mark Hartill’s efforts seeing more players at training each week.

The club is also benefiting from the addition to the coaching ranks of former Sydney University Colts premiership-winning coach Nick Ryan and former HSBC Waratahs and Wallabies lock Al Kanaar.

“Parramatta Rugby Union Club should be the elite brand representing Rugby in the Western Suburbs of Sydney,” added Mr Boland. “NSW Rugby and the ARU are both offering significant support, a new and ambitious Board has been appointed to oversee the club and I personally am looking forward to being part of something very special.”
Can't wait to see a fight between Visy TahMan and Visy TwoBlue man

AussieDominance

Trevor Allan (34)
I would assume Steve Boland is the father of Parramatta new recruit Nick Boland from Oakhill and who played for Sydney Uni Colts last season. He has joined Parramatta to play a higher standard(2nd Grade) if only a few more players from the stronger clubs would do this.

Cyril Towers (30)
TheRiddler said:
AussieDominance said:
NSW Rugby CEO Jim L'Estrange said now Parramatta have been provided with extra funding from the ARU, it is their responsibility to find the players. "They have to do everything they can to ensure they come up the right players in the right positions," L'Estrange said.

Because old Jim is stuffed if he is going to help or support those people. I mean, Parramatta, its not even Sydney is it? Nowhere near Moore Park. Why should his team help out?

Or am I being unfair again?
Yeah, I think you are, Riddler. It’s a bit like getting doctors to the bush (a subject I know something about). You don’t want people who are forced to go or who go because of some outrageous financial incentive, because both of those people will expect the world and hold you to ransom and feel like they are doing you favours. You want to identify people who have a reason to be there and then make it desirable and easy for them to make the move. Only the club can do that. L’Strange is right. They can get all the support in the world (and they should), but at the end of the day they are going to have to do whatever it takes to make that club a place where people want to play

Status
Not open for further replies.