• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

things you have quit

things you have quit

• grog

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • drugs

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • smokes

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • buying <insert vice here>

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • running

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • playing rugby

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • hoping for a better future for the children of my mistress(es)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • collecting <insert stupid overpriced doodacky here>

• voting in these stupid f***en poles

• i will quit hookers and blow when one and/or both of them kill me

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Tex

John Thornett (49)
Soft Drinks. In particular Coke No Sugar. Haven't had one in 18 months. Down from two a day. I'm also thinking about taking at least 12 months off alcohol as well.

I listened to a pretty compelling conversation about this yesterday. Some English broker who looked himself in the mirror and didn't like the booze hound he saw, established a thing called One Year No Beer.

Sets out a convincing case for drying out.

https://www.richroll.com/podcast/andy-ramage-444/

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I listened to a pretty compelling conversation about this yesterday. Some English broker who looked himself in the mirror and didn't like the booze hound he saw, established a thing called One Year No Beer.

Sets out a convincing case for drying out.

https://www.richroll.com/podcast/andy-ramage-444/

I've done it on three separate occassions in the past. I tend to get to the point where I just get over the whole thing. The longest I've gone was close to 2 years.

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I've done it on three separate occassions in the past. I tend to get to the point where I just get over the whole thing. The longest I've gone was close to 2 years.

Wow, that's a solid stretch. I've probably managed a month or two at the most, but even then with cheeky single beers thrown in from time to time. And that's from age 17 onwards.

What brought you to make the call, and did you experience all of the health benefits people talk about? Mental clarity, better sleep, more energy weight loss etc

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Wow, that's a solid stretch. I've probably managed a month or two at the most, but even then with cheeky single beers thrown in from time to time. And that's from age 17 onwards.

What brought you to make the call, and did you experience all of the health benefits people talk about? Mental clarity, better sleep, more energy weight loss etc

Just got over it. Wasn't enjoying the experience. Never been someone who needs to drink to have a good time. While it nice to have I'll have a few each week but as soon as it becomes a bit average it's easy to give it up. As for the benefits. A few but nothing huge. But again. I'm not a big drinker.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Bread. From this year. Sure I'll eat the delicious sugary bullshit when Camp Leader brings it home but I aint living off it like before. Bread for lunch = brainless dozey oaf for the rest of the afternoon.

As opposed to.....

Tex

John Thornett (49)
I did a month off the grog over February, felt pretty good. Since then I've become a pig of a man, eating and drinking too much rubbish