• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Tigers vs Saracens

Status
Not open for further replies.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Great game. The Guinness Premiership is often spoken in a negative way in the Southern Hemisphere. The final was a cracker with the victory not assured to the final minute. Both teams played in a more direct and attacking way than most Super 14 teams. For those that do subscribe try to find a replay on Setanta.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
What a great game. Had a friend over today who brought across a shed load of seafood. We watched the S14 whilst chowing our way through that and enjoying a lovely 2004 Semillon and then had a great Roast Beef with all the trimmings and a wonderful 2003 Shiraz whilst watching the GP final. Never quite made it to the T14 or Magners finals - they can wait until tomorrow (one advantage of Mrs Riddler being away).

My friend hadnt really seen a lot of English club rugby before and was impressed by the directness and skill level. Not sure who got MoM but Castrogiavani must have been up there. That guy is unreal and judging by how he was going off on the podium at the end, I wouldnt want to be out on the lash with him - he's probably still going and still cleaning up everything in his path.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
What a great game. Had a friend over today who brought across a shed load of seafood. We watched the S14 whilst chowing our way through that and enjoying a lovely 2004 Semillon and then had a great Roast Beef with all the trimmings and a wonderful 2003 Shiraz whilst watching the GP final. Never quite made it to the T14 or Magners finals - they can wait until tomorrow (one advantage of Mrs Riddler being away).

My friend hadnt really seen a lot of English club rugby before and was impressed by the directness and skill level. Not sure who got MoM but Castrogiavani must have been up there. That guy is unreal and judging by how he was going off on the podium at the end, I wouldnt want to be out on the lash with him - he's probably still going and still cleaning up everything in his path.

did you think Borthwick was blocked by the ref. The Tigers half, I thought was given a free run. For those who have missed this, try rugbydump.com

WESTCOMBE RANGER

Allen Oxlade (6)
Was at the game and have already watched a repeat on SKY sports. Think that the ref's position was not good but don't think Borthwick would have got to him anyway. mom went to Jordan Crane.Castro is a legend at Leicester and last year was voted Guinness Prem's man of the season.The scrum half has already played in 3 Prem grand finals and has just turned 20. For me he should be a shoe-in for the England team. Watch out for him in the next few years or in fact even sooner. He's going be appearing soon on a rugby pitch near you !!
hope you all thought it was a good advert for northern hemisphere rugby, and thanks for letting us POMS poost on your website.
Westcombe Ranger
(The older I get the better I was)

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Must admit the Tigers did seem to get the rub of the green with the officials. Blatant obstructions (some may call it very well executed dummy runs), holding back off the ball, penalties for being taken in the air when they werent and subsequent kicks being awarded in the wrong place. Lots of little things. I can recall one phase where Flood was holding a prop about three out from where the play was, right in front of the ref and nothing was done about it. To be fair to Dave Pearson (the ref) I dont think his touchy on the camera side of the field helped him out much.

Status
Not open for further replies.