• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Trans-Tasman Super Rugby 2021

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
With the Super Round scrapped, this is the revised Round 3 draw:

Updated fixtures for Sky Super Rugby Trans-Tasman Round 3
Friday May 28
7.05pm – Hurricanes v Western Force at McLean Park, Napier

Saturday May 29
5.05pm – NSW Waratahs v Crusaders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

7.15pm – Blues v Brumbies at Eden Park, Auckland

9.45pm – Queensland Reds v Chiefs at Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Townsville

Sunday May 30
2.35pm – Highlanders v Melbourne Rebels, venue TBC in Highlanders region

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...ped-as-super-rugby-transtasman-draw-finalised

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think there a few tasty match ups in that round too.Canes/Force,Blues/Brumbies and Reds/Chiefs could be pearlers. Other two aren't to be sniffed at either.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Ouch, that's a tough round for the Aussies. Reds look like the only hope of getting us out of that 1/5.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ouch, that's a tough round for the Aussies. Reds look like the only hope of getting us out of that 1/5.

I wouldn't underestimate your teams mate, I think Brumbies may be better than you giving them credit for ( and don't underestimate how dumb Blues can be).
Much as I a Canes man I a bit concerned how badly they capable of playing too.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Tahs v Crusaders is a huge match for Wollongong, I hope the Tahs can give it some good promotion. I'm guessing they'd have preferred that one for Sydney, but probably too late to pick up one of the Sydney stadiums.

Noting those times are NZ - it's a 3:05pm kick-off locally. Could be a great afternoon.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Tahs v Crusaders is a huge match for Wollongong, I hope the Tahs can give it some good promotion. I'm guessing they'd have preferred that one for Sydney, but probably too late to pick up one of the Sydney stadiums.

Noting those times are NZ - it's a 3:05pm kick-off locally. Could be a great afternoon.

Might make my way down to the gong for that one.

spikhaza

John Solomon (38)
I wouldn't underestimate your teams mate, I think Brumbies may be better than you giving them credit for ( and don't underestimate how dumb Blues can be).
Much as I a Canes man I a bit concerned how badly they capable of playing too.

The problem is the Blues only appear to have brain farts when they're playing NZ teams, when they play against the Aussie teams they get mana and pump us

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
The problem is the Blues only appear to have brain farts when they're playing NZ teams, when they play against the Aussie teams they get mana and pump us

I think maybe they have had brain farts but maybe the Aus teams haven't taken advantage, I suspect that might not be case this year, especially with Brumbes and Reds.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)

Nah, a great opportunity for the Brumbies to make a statement with a win at Eden Park just before the RC gets underway.

EDIT : Drop kick the hoodoo all the way to Invercargill and back where it can be ceremonially buried by the Wallabies.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Force are just starting to fire. It’ll be interesting whether they can kick on through the finals and the TT comp.

Great challenge for Wessels too. It seems he is a dead man walking with the Rebels missing out on finals in Super Rugby AU, but with guys coming back from injury he (and the players) have a chance to stand up and make an impact.

Can’t say I’m overly optimistic they will - but the opportunity is there.

I feel as a whole Australian rugby has improved in the last 2 yrs - but of course there has been no real objective measure to measure that against other than last years tri-series and that doesn’t really support my view. We’ll soon see.

Depending on results it may really reframe a lot of the selection discussions too.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Force are just starting to fire. It’ll be interesting whether they can kick on through the finals and the TT comp.

Great challenge for Wessels too. It seems he is a dead man walking with the Rebels missing out on finals in Super Rugby AU, but with guys coming back from injury he (and the players) have a chance to stand up and make an impact.

Can’t say I’m overly optimistic they will - but the opportunity is there.

I feel as a whole Australian rugby has improved in the last 2 yrs - but of course there has been no real objective measure to measure that against other than last years tri-series and that doesn’t really support my view. We’ll soon see.

Depending on results it may really reframe a lot of the selection discussions too.

I agree with you TSR, I think Aus rugby has improved the last couple of years, mainly because your young fellas are getting more experienced. I can't for the life of me see why the Aus teams won't be very competitive.

Reactions: TSR

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
We've had seasons gone by of a complete Kiwi white wash yes? There's 25 games, I'd be over the moon if we came away with 10 wins. Brumbies and Reds can get 6 between them and Waratahs, Rebels and Force to get 4.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
We've had seasons gone by of a complete Kiwi white wash yes? There's 25 games, I'd be over the moon if we came away with 10 wins. Brumbies and Reds can get 6 between them and Waratahs, Rebels and Force to get 4.

Those days of whitewash by our teams are well gone mate, well I reckon anyway. I don't reckon there was ever that big a gap between the teams from each country, a little like the Chiefs here last year and Tahs there this year, really a few games with a little swing would have had better results, and then with press etc making a fuss over it seems to just add pressure and I thought at times Aus teams didn't believe they should win. Mind games play a bit in our game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
So is there clarity around the rule set for this comp?

Buggered if I know, haven't seen anything. I must admit if I had my way we would just play to the laws of the game, but as it now an international comp are they allowed to change laws without WR (World Rugby) say so?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^ wow, I felt sure Caleb, being an incumbent AB, would choose XV's over 7's but good luck to the kid, hope he gets the Gold!

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
^ wow, I felt sure Caleb, being an incumbent AB, would choose XV's over 7's but good luck to the kid, hope he gets the Gold!

Yep I was surprised too WOB, especially as we still not guaranteed Olympics will happen. But like you I say go for it young fella!