• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Try of the Year 2023

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
LOL, are Queenslanders the Irishmen of GAGR?

Reds score great try, Qlnder fishes for great try of the year noms, then 1 minute later IMMEDIATELY posts reason why he started the thread, 1 minute later next Qlander vouches close the thread.

Lock it up Cyclo, it's like it never happened!

imgendofthread.gif

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I know you're joking but, I Thought what a great try, then I thought we should have a thread every year for great tries, Then I thought probs a bit late for this year, then I thought but I'll probs forget next year, so I did it anyway.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I don't even know where you find the videos, but I do think I probably seen tries as good if not better by a couple of teams this year. Though to be fair, a Reds/Tahs/Blues/Chiefs etc supporter will probably think their team has scored better

Wilson

David Codey (61)
I don't think it's just Reds fans, there's plenty of neutrals praising it too:

At the very least I think it's pretty safe to say there hasn't been another try this year that has generated this much media attention.

Proud Pig

Ted Thorn (20)
Sorry, the best try of the weekend was the glorious push over by the Rebels. Ball at the back and a relentless push by the golden god in the front row. That is what the people want to see, not a bunch of namby-pamby mummies boys doing a bit of hot-potatoe keepings off.
Sitting at AAMI I am not ashamed to say I had a small tear in the eye and maybe even a little twitch in the undercarriage when Dick Hardwick touched down for that thing of beauty.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Is this forum only looking at try's from Australian rugby teams? Because there were some pretty extraordinary try's from the Chiefs that might have been overlooked due to how good they're playing.

IMO, Marky Marks try assisted by Walton and Jorgensen is my top 1 for the year, (might be a little bit biased as a Tahs fan) however, i could completely understand if the Reds upfield try wins. I just think there was a lot more flair from the Tahs.

The Tahs try against the Reds could also be in contention IF they show the work done by Jorgensen in the phase before.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Is this forum only looking at try's from Australian rugby teams? Because there were some pretty extraordinary try's from the Chiefs that might have been overlooked due to how good they're playing.

Someone needs to find them and post them!

liquor box

Greg Davis (50)

IMO, Marky Marks try assisted by Walton and Jorgensen is my top 1 for the year, (might be a little bit biased as a Tahs fan) however, i could completely understand if the Reds upfield try wins. I just think there was a lot more flair from the Tahs.

The Tahs try against the Reds could also be in contention IF they show the work done by Jorgensen in the phase before.
if you cant beat the Reds then you dont deserve any awards