• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Oz Player of the Year: le frogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
NTA said:
You take away that one bad pass, and look at the rest of his errors for what they were - poor forward play - and he had a good game.

I tend to agree. We looked completely tame in attack with Cordingly on.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I thought we have looked completely tame in attack since the HK game. We can only make a comparison to Coordingly if he gets 60+ minutes behind a similar forward performance that Burgess did for England.

T

TOCC

Burgess may develop into a good test player, but i think Deans needs to really start looking at his other options.

Holmes should be starting for Brumbies in 2009, he looked great in the ARC and for the Tahs at the end of the 2007 season. But looked craptastic whenever he ran out for the Brumbies in 2008.

Valantine will have a shot at starting halfback over at the Force in 2009, i think this kid has promise, he showed a bit of it when he was playing for the Reds but got screwed when he went to the Tahs.

Lucas and Genia for the Reds, Genia showed some good promise in 2007 before being out injured for the 2008 season, i think he is definetly a player to keep a eye on. Lucas is obviously another player who seems to go pretty decent, i think the media were talking him up a bit to much in the 2008 S14 season, but if he persists at halfback then we should see him in a Wallaby jersey in the next couple of years.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
3.Moore
Thought he was our best this morning does it all as a hooker, our lineout was perfect & he was brilliant ball in hand.

2.Mortlock
Mistake free plenty of hard yards off the lineout,starting to look good at 12.

1. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
Tough one to call as there was a few in the mix but he was very similar to Mortlock, hopefully his little stint at 15 is over although it has paid off as he took two good midfield bombs this morning. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) is a brilliant #13 his defence is 1st class and he is as good as any backrower when it comes to cleaning out on attack.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
3 - Sharpe: dunno what Deans put up his arse but it's working
2 - Morty: champeen
1 - Palu: lots of hard yards and hard yakka

Ioane a close next - I loved the pace, bustle and danger he brought, even though it almost went headless chook at times. To be honest I thought he made Hynes look pedestrian in attack. What did you guys who ranked Hynes so high see?

As for Burgess, I gave him a harsh mark on the blog due to his first half performance. If you're gonna pull the pill out of the ruck before the pillars are in place (which he's great at, and we need), then you can't take time to make decisions. If in doubt, ship it.

In the second half he was a different player in this regard and as Naz pointed out was key to the Hynes try.

S

Spook

disco said:
he is as good as any backrower when it comes to cleaning out on attack.

I've been saying that for a while now. He is very good at getting to his feet and competing for the ball.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I find it hard to give Mortlock votes whenever he is as at for the simple reason that he's not a 12. He played well, but obviously as a 13 playing 12. Our backline has really struggled because we simply don't have a capable 12.

Anyway...

3. Moore
2. Sharpe
1. MMM

Close were Ioane, Mitchell and Hynes. Can't believe Ioane actually kicked the ball.

I am still boggling that Burgess got points.

Status
Not open for further replies.