• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

TYS Wallaby Player of the Year: Italy

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
disco said:
I'm with TOCC on Alexander I thought he was brilliant around the park

His mobility is very impressive for such a big man. Not sold on his technique though - Kepu looked far better packing down in the scrums at the end. Wish we had some emerging talent at tighthead though.

W

whocares

TOCC said:
the camera work was interesting to say the least.

In Tri-Nation matches there is something like 8 cameras around the field, i think last night there may have only being 3.

And those cameras only appeared to opperate at wide shot, close up and extreme close up (I got a good view of Mortlocks eye during the anthems)

Some of the commentators comments were interesting as well. He said on Dunning "he's one of the top front rowers in the world and scored a drop goal in the Super 14 last year"

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
His mobility is very impressive for such a big man. Not sold on his technique though - Kepu looked far better packing down in the scrums at the end. Wish we had some emerging talent at tighthead though.

I'm no expert at scrumtime so I only really judge them on how well we control our own ball & how well we disrupt thier ball & it all seemed pretty even or a little in our favour last night.

Ball in hand Alexander is brilliant he ate up the yards & he has a great offload.

Some of the commentators comments were interesting as well. He said on Dunning "he's one of the top front rowers in the world and scored a drop goal in the Super 14 last year"

Yeah most of his info was about 3-5 years old he said some other strange things throughout the night.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Bloody hard to tell what was going on with all those wide shots, but I thought:

3 Mumm
2 Moore
1 Waugh

Don't know where this stuff about Waugh being past it is coming from. He was the one getting stuck in and firing up the forwards when a few of them started ball watching. At one lineout, Moore stood there watching MMM pick a fight from the bottom of a ruck, deliberately waited until it got hostile, then jumped in. Is he a ranga?

S

Spook

3. Alexander
2. Mumm
1. Cooper

I'm with Nick. I thought Waugh fought like a cat in a bag yesterday. Big Donut Dunning had a good game as well. :eek:

For a guy making his first pro run on, Alexander was great. He is 120 kgs+ and can motor. Mumm was hard as nails and great in the lineout.

Cooper, well I doubted him big time before this match but he looks to have grown physically and mentally.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Hmm, well I will blame it on the tv, but I didn't see much of Alexander other than him getting man handled in one scrum and throwing that hospital pass to MMM.

But, based on the judgements here and those of Deans, I will watch it again and try to spot him.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Agreed about the coverage wide shots or close ups of "brooding" players.

No wonder I had a hangover yesterday

Scotty

David Codey (61)
That was just about the worst coverage and commentating I have ever seen. I don't mind if the commentator doesn't know all our players (although calling Barnes Giteau is not really excusable), but he didn't even seem to know what was going on in the game. It was pretty clear what some of the penalties were for, but he had no idea.

Thought we were lucky, it looked to be obstruction (Waugh?) making the hole for Cooper's try.

3. Mumm
2. Moore
1. MMM

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
Mumm
Alexander
Cooper

So Mumm gets man of the match on here but then gets dropped. Someone explain that one to me.

the gambler

Dave Cowper (27)
I was at the game and his pace around the pitch is such an asset. He also seemed to read the game better than any other forward. Think its a big mistake to drop him.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Finally saw the game. Fuck me that was atrocious coverage. Like we'd snuck in through the fence and watched it from on top of the toilet block. The commentator must have been drafted in at the last second, because he ws utterly unfamiliar with the Wallabies.

Which is why I can't really vote.

I couldn't tell what was happening in the forwards. Can I do this?

1. Barnes

Showed enough in the first 20 minutes to suggest that his combination with Burgess might be a fuck of a lot better than Giteau's.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Scarfman said:
Finally saw the game.

Snap. Finally got through the second half and I'll go out there and say we played a pretty good game on the whole, until the last pass of every move which we fucked royally. And the Eyeties tackled their nuts off.

3. Brown
2. Alexander
1. Mumm

Status
Not open for further replies.