• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Un-Australian Activities 2018

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
Cantabs accumulate, for them, a perfunctory tally of points then just back themselves to defend for hours at a time versus the dipshit Canes attack. Star-studded Canes backline?, what the fuck ever
Cantabs 20th straight finals win at home over 20 years.
"THE CANTABS WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME (INSERT LOSING FINALISTS HERE) TO THE DARK BOWELS OF HELL NEXT WEEKEND."

zer0

Jim Lenehan (48)
With Todd at least temporarily out've the picture, Evans has gotta be the backup backup 7 on EOYT.

Maybe. I think it's more likely to be one of Blake Gibson or Dillon Hunt as they're both younger, and have been in or around the All Blacks before, whereas I don't think Evans has (?).

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
^^^^^^^^ you're probably right but if they can pluck Shannon Frizell off the Clan's bench & stick him in a Black jersey surely they can reward the guy who IMO is the third-best 7 going around right now (1. Todd 2. Cane). Need to find some stats to prove it one way or the other but my gut feeling is that Evans' body of work this year has been superior to either Gibson's or Hunt's. In a pack getting beaten up last night he was the one guy consistently doing the work ( as opposed to Fatialofa, Louis, etc who put in some good work but got shut out of the game for long periods).

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Lol no probs WOB, I would of been a little disappointed if Canes had won that, the Crusaders are just an incredible team at moment,(and I like best teams winning) off the top of my head I can't think of too many international teams that could beat them at the moment. I certainly think the Canes are apart from being down on forward strength are nowhere near as good without either Aso or Proctor in centres.Canes forwards couldn't match them, and Crusaders back are well and truly good enough to finish off with that kind of front foot ball!
Geez even Bryn Hall looks a world beater! So throw in Mounga, and that midfield, you going to go pretty bloody well. I wonder if Bridge will almost sneak on the AB bench or in sqad ahead of NMS.
menat to add isn't it good to see Read back playing hi style of play so well?

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Laumape was almost invisible. Did he even make one run with the ball? Goodhue on the other hand was outstanding in both defense and attack. Big margin between him and Jordie at 13.

Agree that Hall is looking very good at No 9. Was surprised when he was replaced rather early.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yet to see or hear anything about Crotty's latest HIA other than a passing reference on 3News that he'd had one. Hopefully it's a "no news is good news" situation.

There's still three CruSadists who were there in 2008 for the last title won at home, KRead who will obviously start (played 6 in '08) plus Croczilla who was dropped for Saturday & will presumably remain so; and Tim Bateman who will come into the mix should Crotty not be able to start - that would be my preferred option as the alternatives all involve making multiple positional changes which IMO is seldom a good thing esp in Grand Final week.

I posted a coupla weeks ago that I'd be going to the game but subsequent events at work & home are making that just about impossible. So no live-at-the-ground posts (from me anyways).

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Cantabs accumulate, for them, a perfunctory tally of points then just back themselves to defend for hours at a time versus the dipshit Canes attack. Star-studded Canes backline?, what the fuck ever

Cantabs 20th straight finals win at home over 20 years.

"THE CANTABS WOULD LIKE TO WELCOME (INSERT LOSING FINALISTS HERE) TO THE DARK BOWELS OF HELL NEXT WEEKEND."

2exa58.jpg