• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Under-20 Competitions including Oceania & World U20s

justlookin

Stan Wickham (3)
Agree on Saturday night. Noticeable difference between the starting front row and replacements. The 6 and replacement 8 were good. I would go into Saturday with the same team with maybe the finishing backrow over the starting. John Bryant could have concussion so he might be out anyway. Struggling to find room for Annan from what i saw today.

Feel more positive about this team now than i did at before the game.

dusk

Cyril Towers (30)
Well done to Ronan Leahy, Hattrick after being a late call-up. He needs to work on his defense although it is warranted as it's his first time playing wing. Henry O'Donnell looked very comfortable in the 13 jersey, definitely one to look out for in the future.

Marce

John Thornett (49)
A comment from instagram:
HrlZrgI.md.jpg

Maybe McLennan has to invest some money here or in a couple of years RA is going to buy a former Junior Wallaby from a NRL club

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
A comment from instagram:
HrlZrgI.md.jpg

Maybe McLennan has to invest some money here or in a couple of years Rugby Australia is going to buy a former Junior Wallaby from a NRL club
Like that Jnr Wallaby team a few years ago when we beat NZL on the Gold Coast?

You know. The one that had Bell, Lonergan, Nasser, Wood, Hosea, Wilson, McReight, Harris, McDonald, Harrison, Nawaqanitawase, Lolosio, Tupou, Reilly, Lucas. With the likes of Abra, Breen, Van Nek, Frost, Tizzano, Robertson, Donaldson, Oates, Walton.

Is it only Reilly who has gone to league after playing Aussie 7s?

Japan the bigger challenge in reality and comments like “they’ll end up in NRL” is just a sign of ignorance than anything.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Do we know if NZ rolled out their top team?
I think Laidlaw did a Larkham and played a lot of squaddies.

Without trying to BS too far to pretend I know anything about it, there were a lot of guys originally named who weren't used, e.g.

Siale Lauaki (THP)
Harry Godfrey (FH)
Nic Shearer (SH)
Noah Hotham (FB)
Jordi Viljoen (OB)

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Ronan Leahy (Force Juniors) has joined the junior wallabies. Was apart of the Joeys class of 2022 featuring Max Jorgensen and Joey Fowler. He plays both inside and outside center (though prefers outside I believe?)
And now maybe wing ...