• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Upgrades at G&GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
'New Posts' is on the far left of the navbar just below the logo

yep got that, just on the last board when we had all the threads displayed you get tell which had new threads because they had "new" next to them.

RugbyFuture

Lord Logo
Well, if I understand it correctly, there will be a special part of the site for Wiki content, for example, the Australia's Troubador's thread can become Wiki items - players overseas, coaches, etc. We could even put our nicknames in a Wiki. It's a vault of rugby knowledge.

sounds awesome, will we be able to shift some of the relevant content onto the real wikipedia, because the rugby wikia there is horrible at maintaining any sortof updatable knowledge on australia rugby, and i've been trying to update a bunch of pages myself (shute shield page, yeh no need to thank me :p)?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
That's the plan, best of all if we credit the wikipedia we can take whatever we want from over there ;)
I've installed the software so but need to get it working correctly and put some thought around what we want to achieve with it before making it live.

C

chief

Would it be possible to get the Blog link on the top of the page, to direct to the blog rather then the forum? As it says /index.php so it just directs to here.

TheRiddler

Dave Cowper (27)
Couple of other small ones.

1) When I used to view the site on my Blackberry browser, it automatically presented in mobile mode but no longer does so.

2) The old site had an option to leave you permanently logged in - that doesnt seem to be the case any more.

Slowly getting used to the new look. Being an old git, change is hard for me take.

Many thanks though for all the hard work. Must have caused you many long hours preparing for it all.

admin

Chris McKivat (8)
Staff member
Would it be possible to get the Blog link on the top of the page, to direct to the blog rather then the forum? As it says /index.php so it just directs to here.
Sorted, serves me right for trying to be tricky! The plan was for it to seamlessly work on the dev domain, and it does in every browser I've tested, but clearly not for you so I've fully qualified the URL now.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Couple of other small ones.

1) When I used to view the site on my Blackberry browser, it automatically presented in mobile mode but no longer does so.

2) The old site had an option to leave you permanently logged in - that doesnt seem to be the case any more.

Slowly getting used to the new look. Being an old git, change is hard for me take.

Many thanks though for all the hard work. Must have caused you many long hours preparing for it all.

1. I'll put a mobile theme on shortly, but even better is I'm adding some software called tapatalk that is a mobile client for vbulletin. It is free for Android and Blackberry, while iPhone users have to pay a small amount for it.

2. The option is still there, just less obvious. There is a checkbox between the [password] field and the [login] button, make sure this is ticked and it should remember you.

3. Yeah it'll take a while but is well worth it, there's plenty of new functionality this forum software will give us.

4. Well over 100 hours, wish I'd kept a log, but it was huge!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Logging on to my crap work computer (Windows XP with IE) - the banner at the top obscures the log-in options almost completely - I can log in but you can't actually see what you type as you do so! Bit annoying, but it could just be my rubbish computer and lack of nous to fix it, or not...

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Cyclo, I get the same thing with mine. Seems to be an problem with IE8 (looks fine in Firefox), and if I try it in compatibility mode the graphics in the header go out of position.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Which version of IE? I've got IE7 and while it looks like shite I can at least log in..

IE7.PNG

Will obviously have to sort this out though... for the moment those of you lucky enough to have IE can change to look at the default style by clicking http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/forum/?styleid=19

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
I like the calendar. However it would be great to be able to submit events (with moderator approval).

Status
Not open for further replies.