• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Upgrades at G&GR

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Moses thanks for you hard work Boet, for some reason I thought you are a Reds supporter?? What is the aim for this thank you (dankie) counts?

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Which version of IE? I've got IE7 and while it looks like shite I can at least log in..
IE8 looks like that if you click compatibility mode. In the standard mode for IE8, looks like the shot below. Not a dealbreaker, but looks like it would be a pain to fix.

Attachments

• 31-05-2010 8-39-44 PM.jpg
    31-05-2010 8-39-44 PM.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 219

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Hi guys the forum looks great and I can only imagine how many hours went into it. Great job.
Buttering up over now for my little request. I was wondering if you could put a quick navigation button in to take you straight back to the forum your reading? I know it a small thing so no big deal if it gets chucked in the too hard basket.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Hi guys the forum looks great and I can only imagine how many hours went into it. Great job.
Buttering up over now for my little request. I was wondering if you could put a quick navigation button in to take you straight back to the forum your reading? I know it a small thing so no big deal if it gets chucked in the too hard basket.
What sort of quick nav thing are you after? There's one down the bottom right that will let you jump to any forum, and there's another called the breadcrumb on the second row below the banner that shows the parents of the forum you're in.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I am very lazy and would like a direct link at the bottom of the page, like the breadcrumb, So I don't have to open the nav bar or go to the top of the page. The old forum had a go button beside the quick nav that took you directly there. I am still getting used to opening the quick nav and finding the forum I want.
The more I think about it the lazier I seem to myself. Is that bad?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
If you were truly lazy you wouldn't have typed 150 words about not wanting to press the "Home" key!Where is it that you want to navigate back to?

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Staff member
Moses, while you are being awesome and taking feedback, can I mention something? NO...

Going to anyway...

In the old forum, you could open the first thread with new posts and read, then at the bottom there was a next and previous link, that took you to the next or previous thread, but it was good as it took you to the part of the thread you were last reading, allowing you to continue on.

Is that hard to re-implement?

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
on the banner the stars green is missing bevel and emboss....
Well spotted, I'll try and sort it out. Is quite confusing cause I've cut the banner so many ways to fit it into the header, must have stuffed up on the stars.

HeaderEars.png

HeaderLeft.png

HeaderBall.png

Then this one is stretched to fill the wide screens
HeaderBack.png

HeaderRight.png

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Moses, while you are being awesome and taking feedback, can I mention something? NO...

Going to anyway...

In the old forum, you could open the first thread with new posts and read, then at the bottom there was a next and previous link, that took you to the next or previous thread, but it was good as it took you to the part of the thread you were last reading, allowing you to continue on.

Is that hard to re-implement?

Scroll a bit further down. It took me a little while to find it too.
It would be good if it was a little higher.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Scroll a bit further down. It took me a little while to find it too.
It would be good if it was a little higher.
Does this one do what you want? Moving it wouldn't be too tough, changing the functionality would be though

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
Staff member
Does this one do what you want? Moving it wouldn't be too tough, changing the functionality would be though

It does what I want it to do. Just below the last post on the page/thread would be great.

But you have to be careful so it doesn't get confused with the page navigation.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Oops! Just tried to remove a failed installation of the wiki and killed the whole thing!
Strange, cause I did the process twice on the dev copy of our forums and that ran flawlessly... back to the drawingboard then..

Status
Not open for further replies.